Chapter Eight: In Which Things Just Keep Happening???

[Ooh, fancy graphic

[Ooh, fancy graphic. I made it a while ago but I figured that I might as well add it in at some point. I'll go back and add it to the rest of the chapters later. Probably.]

-/_\-

Shisui walked through the streets, the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki at his side. One could immediately tell that from the look of pure rage on Naruto's face. Clearing his throat, Shisui tested the waters. "I can drop you off at your—"

"A cookie, Uchiha. You knocked me out because of a goddamn cookie. I don't need you walking me anywhere."

"I didn't mean to!" Shisui insisted. "And I activated my Sharingan to get other people to clean up the mess they made!"

"And why'd they make that mess?"

"Because you yelled something about killing heathens!"

Naruto stared at him expectantly. "And why did I yell that?"

"Because you have a stupid aversion to raisin cookies!"

"Who puts raisins in cookies!?" Naruto demanded. "You're crazy!"

"No, you're overreacting! Raisins have the perfect, natural sweetness that chocolate can never hope to replicate!"

"They're dried, shriveled up fruit! They have no business being in cookies—" A hand came down and gripped Naruto's shoulder, causing him and the Uchiha to blink, pausing their argument. Shisui then glanced at who the hand was attached to.

"Huh. Long time no see, Kakashi."

Kakashi nodded. "Same to you, Shisui." He then promptly picked Naruto up, said something about a mission, and jumped onto the roof of the nearby store.

Shisui sighed as he watched the two of them vanish off in the distance. So there he was, alone. He really, really needed better friends. Of course, that was when someone grabbed him and dragged him into the nearby narrow alley. "I don't know why you thought that was a good idea but—oh, hey, Itachi."

"Shh!" Itachi said. "Are you trying to give away our position!?"

"No, I'm trying to talk to you."

"Well, stop! Come with me, I need some help."

Shisui dearly wanted to know why Itachi needed help but Itachi had also told him that he needed to stay quiet, so he kept his mouth shut. An angry Itachi wasn't worth it—speaking of that, Itachi looked rather frazzled. Another question to ask when they arrived at wherever Itachi was taking him, he supposed. However, he didn't expect for that "wherever" to be an old abandoned sewage pipe. "Itachi, what's going on?"

Licking his lips, Itachi asked, "What would you think if, hypothetically, I told you that I murdered someone?"

"I'd be concerned that you are concerned because I thought you understood that it's part of your job description."