Chapter Six: That One Filler Chapter

So...basically someone dumped a bunch of an unidentified poison into the Ha River. Kakashi was especially susceptible to it and led to its discovery. Also, Izumi has recruited some new members into her harem. Let's move on!

-/_\-

Chapter Six:

That One Filler Chapter

"...how is she?!" Mikoto yelled as she burst through the doors. The two ninjas holding her back didn't stand a chance.

Hosho sighed. "Fine."

"...what do you mean? How is she fine? She wasn't waking up!" Mikoto said as she stared at Naya who was unconscious on a hospital bed.

"And she still isn't. From what we can tell, she's perfectly fine. Her heart is beating, her brain's working like it's supposed to, even her reflexes are stellar. She seems perfectly healthy. We've checked for every poison we know of and for several genjutsu. Nothing. It's like she's just sleeping."

"And the seal?"

"That's what I was checking before you knocked out the guards and broke down my door."

"I wasn't-"

"Yes, yes you were."

"You don't even know what I was going to-"

"I knew exactly what you were going to say. Now either get out or stay quiet."

"Why can't I help?"

"Are you trained in medical ninjutsu?"

"No, but-"

"Then you need to sit down and shut up." Hosho was suddenly assaulted with a full Sharingan gaze.

"I'm sorry," Mikoto said sweetly, "what did you say?"

"...please sit down so I can properly continue my work."

"That's what I thought."

-/_\-

Itachi's walk home from the hospital consisted of dodging several shinobi who were hopping around the Village with packs full of antidotes-in hindsight, maybe taking the rooftops wasn't a good idea. Walking through the district and into his house wasn't bad. Sasuke was there, too, so that was a relief. As Sasuke bit into his onigiri, Itachi asked, "Where's Mother?"

"She rushed Naya to the hospital."

"Oh. Is everything alright?"

Sasuke shrugged. "I don't know. I just happened to pass by her when she was running through the streets with a medic who was holding Naya."

"I see. Well, I hope she's fine."

"Yeah," Sasuke mumbled, "me, too." Itachi shook his head and walked towards his room. As he walked past the kitchen, though, he saw something. There was a note on the refrigerator door. Curious, he walked over and read it.

Dear not-drunk!me,

We're out of milk. And chocolate. And ice cream. And basically everything worth eating. Be a dear and do some grocery shopping. Thanks!

Love,

Drunk!you

"...okay, something isn't right."

-/_\-

Suyo glanced at the figure who was hunched over in the cell. It was hard to see him in the dim light, but he was already informed of who he was guarding-Michi Tanaka. He was a traitor for...Suyo didn't know, actually. Michi had experienced a panic attack before Sakura could extract any useful information. When it became clear that he wouldn't be saying anything until he calmed down, Lady Sakura sent him down to the Dungeons. Honestly, the place was so ominous that it deserved to be capitalized, what with the stone-cold walls and the stench of death, but that was beside the point. No, Suyo was glad that the traitor was in the Dungeon. He deserved it-no one messes with Lady Sakura. The trembling man chose that man to glance up. When he saw Suyo, his eyes went wide.