Prologue

Just wanted to let you all know that the cover of this is probably going to be changing a lot until I'm satisfied with it. It might be once in a month, or five times in a day. I'm just weird like that.

...

Naruto and Sasuke glanced around. The alley was dark, and they were alone. A small grin forming on his face, Naruto lead Sasuke through the worn door of a store with broken windows that had long since closed.

"You sure this is the place?" Sasuke muttered.

"Positive," Naruto said back. "She's never wrong."

"She's never wrong about this stuff," Sasuke agreed, "but you don't exactly have the best sense of direction."

"Shut up," Naruto muttered.

The two maneuvered their way through the forgotten furniture, all the way to the back of the store. Then, Naruto pushed a shelf aside. It had wheels on the bottom of it, so it was fairly easy. There was a door behind it. Naruto carefully opened it. Light and sound flooded into the store.

"Come on," Naruto said, excited. "I haven't been here since they moved it!"

"I'm coming," Sasuke grumbled. They put the shelf back in place and closed the door. There were a set of stairs leading down into the shop's basement. When Naruto and Sasuke reached the bottom, they were met by a guard.

The bulky man glared down at them. "You better go back to your mommies. This isn't the place for toddlers."

Sasuke snarled at the man. The man involuntarily took a step back. Naruto, however, just flipped the man a coin and said, "You must be new. Sasuke doesn't like people pointing out his age. We'll let it slide."

The guard, flabbergasted, said, "But, but you're five!"

"Six!" Sasuke snapped.

"What does it matter?" Naruto asked. "Besides, Doku's expecting us."

"D-Doku?!" the guard stuttered.

"Don't stutter. It's not becoming of a guard of the Kuro ie." Naruto and Sasuke went on their way.

...

"Well, well, well, look who we've got here. Welcome back."

"Thank you, Lord Matsuya."

"Forget about it. I see you brought your sidekick."

"Nah, if I called him my sidekick, he would skewer me."

"Well, I wouldn't put it past him. He's an Uchiha, after all. Now, you're in for a game with Doku and his gang, right?"

"Yes, Lord Matsuya."

"Well, be careful kid."

"I will."

...

Naruto's face was neutral, cards in his hand.

"Geez," he heard someone in the background whisper, "the kid's got mad poker skills. What's he doing down here, anyway? He and his friend are probably, like, three!"

"They're six, you idiot. Quiet down or they'll hear you!"

"What's the matter?"

"Don't you know who that is? He's Tsuchigumo! And his friend, he's the second child of the Uchiha Clan Head!"

"R-Really?"

"Yes, now shut up!"

Sasuke heard the whole conversation and was livid. Why he ought to gut them alive. It would be so quick that no one would notice until it was too late. Yes, that would be-