Chapter Two: How to Introduce Characters!

In the last chapter, Naruto failed his Genin Exam. Mizuki confronted him about stealing the Scroll of Seals. Naruto and Sakura convinced Sasuke (more like forced him) to steal the scroll. When everything is over, Itachi questions Sasuke as to why his jar smells of human ashes. What is in store next for our three protagonists?

Chapter Two: How to Introduce Characters!

"Sasuke, what is your connection to the Kuro ie?" Itachi asked worriedly. "Did someone threaten you? I promise it'll all be okay, just tell me!"

"Er...no one threatened me."

"Really?" Itachi asked.

"Really. However...I am a part of the Kuro ie."

Itachi blanched. "What?!"

"Yeah...you see, I may or may not be a professional thief, and part-time assassin, in the Kuro ie."

"Professional thief and part-time assassin?" Itachi asked blankly.

"Yep."

"I...Sasuke, who are you?"

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha," Sasuke said.

"No, what do people call you?"

"In the Kuro ie?"

"Yes."

Sasuke was silent.

"Sasuke."

"People who know me call me the Uchiha brat, but for jobs...I'm called the Chisana Shinigami."

"YOU'RE THE CHISANA SHINIGAMI?!"

"Y-Yes," Sasuke said, wincing.

"Sasuke Uchiha," Itachi hissed, "you have admitted to the stealing of countless precious objects and the murders of two civilians, one noble, and three loyal shinobi." He raised the jar in his hand. "Of course, that doesn't include whoever you burned to death."

"I didn't burn him to death," Sasuke muttered. "I knocked him out, slit his throat, and burned his corpse."

"That isn't much better!"

"Well, excuse me for just doing my job!"

"YOU'RE 'JOB' IS STEALING FROM AND MURDERING PEOPLE!"