Subjective

Is Kir's news good or bad, do we *really* want Eri's help, and are Ai's drugs gonna help anything? 
guess what: it's all subjective 
(except for how long this chapter is)

(⌐▨_・)ツθ☆●   (▼-▼*)╦╤─

Shinichi froze. “What sort of news?”

The corners of Shuichi’s mouth turned up. “Of the darker variety. You heard about the Devil Serial Murder Case?”

“Of course. I’m in the same house as the officer in charge and his hot-tempered son. Hattori was furious, so I heard all about it.”

Shuichi tipped his head, though Shinichi couldn’t see the action. “My apologies. You were not conscious when it took place. That does save a step. May I assume we have drawn the same conclusions?”

Shinichi rolled over to his bed and climbed out of his wheelchair. If his knees buckled as he stood up, no one else would ever know. “Unless new information has come up, my current belief is that the Organization will take measures to punish whichever of their agents were sloppy enough to be seen on a case this big. Tou-san said it made the news over in America.” He sat on the bed. “Has that sort of a thing already happened?”

“Yes.” Shuichi glanced over his shoulder. It sounded like Sonoko was beginning to make lunch. “Two days after Hayashi Chika was murdered, a call went out among the codenamed members, according to Mizunashi. It was a massive summit in a hotel in central Tokyo. She couldn’t communicate to us quickly enough, as she traveled with Vermouth and another young man she didn’t recognize. His codename is Cachaça. He’s younger than Bourbon, specializes in technology, and is Vermouth’s direct subordinate, but she learned little else about him.

“At the summit, the second-in-command, Rum, made it clear that the one responsible for the Hayashi incident would face severe consequences. That man, Cachaça, claimed responsibility and said one of his subordinates had acted out of turn, but that the subordinate was soon to be punished. Rum ordered the man killed and gave Cachaça a week. The summit was over as quickly as it had been called “

Sonoko looked into the living room. “Subaru-san, I’m going to eat.”

Switching back on the voice changer, he nodded his head at her. “I’ll join you momentarily. Go ahead and eat.”

“Got it.” She ducked back into the kitchen, and Shuichi went into the library next door.

He left the voice changer on, knowing he might forget to turn it back on if he turned it off yet again. “They covered their tracks far too well. It seems this Hayashi incident has put the Organization on high alert.”

“One of Them ran around and killed Hayashi without permission.” Shinichi murmured thoughtfully. “You don’t think—” he started.

“The one who attacked Sonoko-san is the same who killed Hayashi Chika? No, I don’t think so. One seemed content with simply threatening while the other had no qualms burning two people alive and stabbing a third.” He scanned the bookshelves. “I believe they are both connected with the Organization at the very least.”

“Why?”

Shuichi smirked. “You have heard of Kaitou KID, haven't you, Edogawa-kun?”