Found Tonight

just... listen to this. (I'm hamiltrash when I wanna be and Dear Evan Hansen is pretty cool too.)
https://youtu.be/2aQykuIaJVI 

ヽ(*'∀')ノ┌┛

(つ▀¯▀)つ

At a knock on the door, Ran looked over her makeup one last time. No stray eyelashes, no odd smudges here or there. The eyeliner was smooth, her blush just bold enough to be noticeable, but soft enough to come across as beautiful instead of boisterous.

With a grin, Ran nodded at herself. She didn't often get the chance to dress up. Between school, taking care of Conan and her dad, and all the cases she found herself dragged into, she got out less often than she liked. Sonoko and Sera tried, but Ran cared too much about her grades and her family to go window shopping every weekend.

Her lack of a substantial budget was a factor, too. She determined long ago to never make Sonoko or any of her friends pay for her (Shinichi was an exception because he was a(n incredible) jerk). She simply couldn't pay for many of the outings that her friends wanted to do. She bore no grudge against them. It was a simple fact of life that they didn't have to worry about having enough for groceries, make sure the electricity is paid, set some aside for possible (rare) karate injuries and likely (common) case injuries, and hide money just in case To-san has a bad night and decides to go gambling.

Soon after he'd left, Hikaru texted her to say that she was not to be spared any expense, that she was going to be treated like royalty whether she wanted it or not. After fifteen minutes of deliberation, she settled on a simple 'thank you' and began getting ready.

Emerging from the bathroom, Ran double checked dinner for her dad and the note on it. 'I'll be home by midnight, but if that changes, I'll call,' she'd written. She's texted him the same thing, but knowing her father meant that she knew his phone must've died hours ago. Paper was reliable. It didn't randomly run out of battery.

She descended down the stairs to the Agency. At the front door stood Hikaru in a blazing white suit. A rich blue vest, a shirt black as night, and pale gold bowtie completed the ensemble, accented by a pair of white shoes on his feet. He heard her footsteps, looked up at her and smiled. "Ojo-sama, you look marvelous."

Ran had chosen a dark blue dress for the night, one that her mother had passed onto her. It fit like a glove, the dark blue complimented by her golden chain necklace and simple golden hairclip and earrings. She inclined her head in thanks. Meeting his eyes: "And you look an awful lot like a certain thief."

He raised his hands, half shrug, half surrender. "One can only have so many suits. Besides, Kuroha Hikaru is about ten centimeters taller and a few kilos heavier than our dear kaitou. Aside from the suit, no one will have any reason to believe that KID and myself are one and the same.

"In any case," he held out his arm to her, "ojo-sama, your carriage awaits."

"Thank you, KID-san." Mischief glittered in her eyes, humor waltzing with her words. She hooked her elbow around his, and they went outside together.

As he held the door for her, she took one look at the waiting car. her hands flew to her mouth. "Hikaru-kun—"

His grin never faltered. "Ojo-sama, I said that no expense was to be spared for our night of celebration. That would include our drive there." He took her hands from her mouth, guided her to the car door. "Now. Let's be on our way if I am not to disappoint your father in returning you home on time."

Furuya Rei warily eyed the black limousine outside the building. He knew the Mouri family didn't have near enough to rent a limousine for any reason. Mouri Ran had emerged only a few minutes after the limo's arrival, so she must have expected it. Her attire, as well as the attire of the man who she got into the limo with, suggested a formal event. Her Suzuki friend had never gotten a limo before and did not emerge from the car. The only silhouette Rei had seen was the driver's. Mouri Ran's only companion was the man in the white suit.