Scroll 52

The cups and teapots were smashed into pieces on the floor, chairs overturned, papers and books scattered everywhere. In the messy quarter, mad laughter echoes everywhere.

"Your Highness, please calm yourself down." Park sang-gung said to Minkyung softly. She lowered her head, afraid to look at her master in the eyes as she speaks. 

"Calm myself down?" Minkyung glanced up at Park sang-gung. "Yeah, I should. I am now forbidden to see my own son. Of course, I should remain calm, right?" she said sarcastically before throwing a chair at one of the guards who is standing by the entrance.

"Your Highness, I don't mean--"

"STOP!" Minkyung yelled. "Not another word from you." She carefully walked across the room as she avoided stepping on any of the mess she made.

"Bring me to the Crown Prince's quarters." she demanded.

The guards by the door heard it and became alerted. Using their huge figure, they blocked the door and held up their swords. Park sang-gung quickly turned and looked at Minkyung with a panic expression. 

"But Your Highness, you have been placed under house-arrest." Park sang-gung blabbered. "You cannot step out of here without His Majesty's permission. And what's more, is that His Highness is under--" she stopped talking after realising what she is about to spill out.

Minkyung looked at Park sang-gung in the eye. "His Highness is under what?" she asked. 

When her head attendant refused to finish her sentence, Minkyung slowly walked towards her head attendant with a deadly glare. Park sang-gung's heart rate quickens as she sees Minkyung approach her. She pursed her lips as she hesitated. 

 "SAY!" Minkyung screamed, startling Park sang-gung, who jumped up in surprise. "FINISH YOUR SENTENCE!"

Knowing that she is in deep trouble, Park sang-gung immediately dropped to her kneels. "His Highness has been placed under the care of Lady Choi. The court ruled that from now on, Lady Choi will be the guardian of His Highness Yi Yun."

"LADY CHOI? Who says that she can be the guardian of my son? I am still alive, how can they assign him a guardian?!" Minkyung screamed loudly, severely damaging Park sang-gung's ears. 

Park sang-gung could not do anything about it except to pray that all these suffering will end soon.

Elsewhere in the palace, it was a peaceful day for them. 

In the Royal Garden, flowers bloom beautifully as pretty butterflies fluttering everywhere. The sun peaks out from behind the cloud. Though the place is bathed in its sunlight, it's not scorching hot. The warm temperature made the place comfortable to stay in. Not too hot, not too cold, just right.

Little Choi brings the cup of warm tea to her lips. She sat alone in the pavilion with only her head attendant, Han sang-gung, standing by her side. After taking a sip, she glanced up and looked at Yun, who was playing by himself. She looked at him pick up small pebbles and threw it into the lake. 

What a great age to be in, she thought and took another sip of rose tea. 

With perfect weather like today's, Little Choi felt the need to bring the kid out of his quarters and into the embrace of Mother Nature. He has been staying under the roof for so long that he seems to have forgotten the joy of playing in nature. Now that he is under her care, Little Choi hopes to bring back the child in him. It doesn't matter to her if he's not the smartest child, or the most good looking. As long as he's healthy and kind, Little Choi is happy.