Scroll 49

Minkyung stood outside Yun's sleeping quarters, waiting for the attendants to open the doors for her. 

They opened and she entered. Inside, she saw a female attendant attending to Yun. She watched the attendant gently wiped Yun's forehead with a cloth. Her eyes turned to look at Yun, who is sleeping on the bed peacefully. Her right hand unconsciously twisting a ring on her ring finger of her left hand. 

She is worried about Yun, but she does not know how to care for him. For the first time, Minkyung realized she does not know how to be a mother.

The female attendant turned and noticed Minkyung. She immediately stood up and bowed towards Minkyung. 

"How's the Crown Prince?" Minkyung asked.

"His Highness woke up once early this morning, but soon fell back asleep after the Royal Physician fed him medicine."

Minkyung stares at the sleeping Yun. "You may be dismissed." she said.

"Yes, Lady Jang." The female attendant bowed, took the basin of water with her and exit the room.

Minkyung waited until the door closed before she walked forward to Yun's side. She hesitated for a second before sitting on Yun's bed. She looked at his small figure before reaching out her hand to touch Yun's head.

Please get well soon.

She looked at his closed eyes and his small body rising up and down slowly. Her hand awkwardly stroke Yun's head twice as she thought back to what happened yesterday...

**********

Yun squatted next to the small pond. He threw small pebbles into the pond as he sobs as quietly as possible.

"There, Lady Jang." Park sang-gung pointed out for Minkyung. "His Highness is over there!"

Minkyung turned towards wherever Park sang-gung is pointing and spotted Yun right away. She squinted her eyes and stride towards Yun.

Sensing a figure suddenly towering him, Yun glanced up and saw Minkyung. He quickly wiped his tears away before Minkyung sees it and stood up.

"You really are out to anger me, aren't you?" Minkyung said to Yun. 

Before Yun could reply anything to his mother, Minkyung grabbed him by his small wrist and dragged him with her strongly. 

Knowing that Minkyung is very angry at him, Yun dares not struggle. He swallowed the pain he felt and allowed Minkyung to drag him to someplace. Park sang-gung and the other attendants quickly followed behind closely. Though they disapprove the way Minkyung treats Yun, they said nothing. As servants, they are not to question their master's actions, no matter how wrong it is.

Yun tottered as Minkyung continues to drag him. 

Finally, they reached a row of empty quarters hidden deep inside the palace. Minkyung selected the last empty quarter and open the door. She threw Yun inside.

"Stay here until I instructed you otherwise." Minkyung furrowed her eyebrow at Yun. She slammed the door behind her and locked it from outside.