Scroll 31

"Did you find that book?" Joy asked Little Choi as they looked around Min Inhyeon's room.

Little Choi shook her head in response as she continues searching through the whole cabinet that is filled with books.

Earlier this morning, they had left the palace to visit Min Inhyeon's old house.

Joy left all her other attendants behind, bringing only Little Choi with her. Stepping into the house for the first time in five years made her felt like she had returned back to her maiden home. Joy had not realized until now that somehow she had regarded that old house as her home.

When Minister Min and her 'family' heard the news that she is returning home, they rushed to welcome her. All servants also stopped their work and welcomed her at the door. After having a small talk with Minister Min, she finally has some time alone. And now, she is back to the old room--Min Inhyeon's room.

Joy walked around the room, taking close look at each of the furniture. The room was kept the same as how it was before she entered the palace. Turning, she stood to face the door as she recalled her first day in Joseon. That day, she really thought that it was a prank by some variety show that Manager Hwang had signed her up for. Joy chuckled as she recalled how she ran out of the room and shouted at the top of her lungs, only to earn a few servants judging her as though she is a mad woman.

Little Choi heard Joy's chuckle and turned. "Have you found it?" She asked.

"Ah, no," Joy replied. "Just remembered how I was like the first time we met."

Little Choi smiled as Joy put her focus on finding that fantasy book again.

Min Inhyeon sure has lots of books. Joy thought as she looked through the shelves. Little Choi moved to another cabinet across the room. Just as she was moving, she glanced outside the window and noticed something.

Little Choi's gaze lingered outside for a while before she turned and looked at Joy.

"Agassi, I will head outside a while. I will be right back." Little Choi said.

Joy glanced up at Little Choi before nodding. Relieved that Joy didn't question her, Little Choi headed outside. She closed the door behind her quietly before walking towards that person.

"Your Majesty." Little Choi bowed and greeted politely.

"At ease." The King said. Eunuch Kim, who stood by the King's side, nodded at Little Choi when she greeted him as well.

"Would you like me to inform Her Majesty?" Little Choi asked.

The King shook his head. "Do as usual."

Little Choi nodded the moment she understood the King's order.

Joy may not have realized but Little Choi had noticed the King standing afar while looking at her Agassi many times before. He would just stand afar without approaching them, looked at Joy and leave before she noticed it.

Many times, when Little Choi approached the King, he would order her not to inform Joy. It's heartbreaking to see them like this. From them, Little Choi learnt the true meaning of sad love. She knows that they both yearned to see each other, yet due to the current circumstances, they can't.