Scroll 12

Joy stood straightly as her palace attendants helped to dress her up in the royal wedding clothing. With the many layers, it is beginning to suffocate Joy--OH MY GOSH! Joy screamed inside as she handled the weight of the heavy headgear that Han sung-gung had suddenly placed on her. 

My neck...it's going to break.

"We are ready, Your Majesty." Han sang-gung announced softly. Joy turned and stared at the mirror before her. At many times like this, she is shocked to see another girl staring back at her. She looked so different in the traditional garb.

Who are you?  She asked herself. Min Inhyeon or Joy Park Sooyoung?

The Joy before would have screamed and find desperate ways to get out of this mess, even if that means to end her life. But the Joy now would try to cool herself down before thinking of ways to escape. Being Inhyeon for so long, she has learnt to adapt and play by the hands. Manager Hwang would be proud of me if she sees me become so matured.

The sound of the door creaking open brought her back to focus on reality. Through the mirror, Joy saw her parents-- or rather, Min Inhyeon's parents-- entered.

"Inhyeon ah.." Her mother spoked but stopped when her father nudged her. Joy watches her took out her handkerchief and wiped her tears silently. Unknowingly, Joy felt her heartstrings got tucked gently.

"Your Majesty, you looked very beautiful," Her father spoked politely. Though she wasn't close with the Minister, to begin with, Joy still finds it distant that he is addressing his daughter in a very formal way. "Well then, we shall not disturb you any further." He looked at Joy with longing eyes, for the first time, before he turned to walk away.

"Father..." The word came out from Joy without her intending to. She is not sure why she is calling out to him when she is supposed to avoid him at all cost. Maybe it's because of the guiltiness found inside her. After all, she has occupied his daughter's body without permission.

There was a long silence, with everyone stood root in their position. For a moment, Joy thought they are all doing the mannequin challenge.

"Take good care of yourself, my good daughter. Stop being rash and listen to your elderly," Minister Min starts to speak softly, with his back facing her. From the shaking of his voice, Joy knew that he is trying to control his tears and emotions. "Most importantly, don't forget who you are." He finished his last sentence and walked away silently. 

Joy looked at him with longing eyes as she thought of her real parents. 

Mum, Dad, I'm getting married today. I'm sorry for not informing you and not getting you to attend my wedding. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose so please forgive me.

**********

Joy walked with her help of her attendants. Without their support, she could hardly stand and walk straight. All the amount of weight that is on her seems to symbolize the heavy burden that she is about to have as a Queen.

The attendants lead her out of her temporary quarters and to the venue where the grand wedding is held. With Han sang-gung on her right side and Little Choi on her left, they helped her get through the unfamiliar procedure of the ceremony. For the first time during her stay in the palace, she finally met the King up close as he also carried out the procedure. A familiar face, but definitely not a familiar person was what was constantly on Joy's mind throughout the entire event.