Scroll 43

Changgyeonggung Palace. Year 1694.  

"Your Majesty," Park sang-gung leaned closer to Minkyung so that she could whisper a piece of news to her. "Prime Minister Heo has just deliver the news that Min Inhyeon is dead."

Minkyung stopped walking abruptly. She stops admiring the flowers in her royal garden and turned to look at her head attendant.

"Dead?"

"They had sent someone to confirm that her hanok was completely burned down."

Minkyung looked at Park sang-gung, stunned for a moment. She had always wanted Inhyeon to disappear in her world. But when she really did, Minkyung can't help but notice a sour feeling inside her.

This feeling inside her is so complicated that no words can describe how she feel.

Minkyung suddenly realised a tear slipped out from her left eye. She raised her hand to wipe that single tear.

No, she is dead now. No point feeling sad over her death.

As though this piece of news haven't reach her ears yet, Minkyung ambled in her royal garden. She seemed so unaffected.

Having taken a short walk in her royal garden, Minkyung and her attendants decided to head back to her quarters. When they reached, they noticed one of the King's eunuch standing outside the building.

He turned and greeted them when he saw them approaching.

"Your Majesty, your appearance is needed in the court meeting now." He said.

"Court meeting?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Though confused, Minkyung nodded and dismissed the eunuch away as though he is an annoying fly.

"Your Majesty, let me prepare you for the court meeting." Park sang-gung said.

"Of course you should." Minkyung snapped and entered her building.

**********

"Thankfully, the previous Queen is unharmed."

The ministers raised up their heads, all of them held a surprised expression. The King signalled to the attendants that is by the grand door. Upon receiving the signal from the King, they nodded and pulled open the door. A figure walked in with her head held high.

Her long chima touches the floor lightly as she walked through the aisle. As she passed by the ministers, they gawked at her. They stood frozen with their eyes wide open--as though disbelieving what they are seeing now.

Joy walked up close to the King. She looked up at the King on the throne and bowed as a form of respect. Receiving an acknowledgement from the King, Joy turned and face the crowd.

"Harming a royalty is a deadly offence. Even though Inhyeon has been placed in exile, she is still considered a royalty." The King glanced at Prime Minister Heo as he spoke. "This is treason, and we should find the culprit at all means."

"Fortunately, we managed to catch the assassins, as well as the mastermind hiding behind them."

The two assassins was brought into the grand hall by the guards. They were tied up and were placed in the front of the hall. Everyone, except Prime Minister Heo and Minister Kim, peered at them.

"Their mastermind is in the court meeting with us right now. And he is none other than Prime Minister Heo."

"What evidence do you have?" A minister from Soron faction shouted, defending their leader.