not as it seems // k. bakugou; vampire au

Start from the beginning

(last name, first name).

-

07 march // tokyo

the vampire has claimed yet another victim. a twenty-two year old female; dark eyes. blond hair. a wannabe fashion blogger in harajuku. her friends said she was finishing up some side work at her job and they called authorities after victim hadn't posted to social media in two days.
i thought i could solve this case without the help of intense magic, but with the way things are progressing, i have to use all necessary skills to save the innocent lives being slaughtered. i hate cases with so much blood, it makes me uneasy. may the gods help me solve this quickly so my eyes don't have to see another gruesome crime scene photo for another few months.
to think something that used to be human could do such actions against something they'd once been. does vampirism isolate the mind so far that you're okay with cutting up and draining innocent souls? it's revolting to think about.
i will be visiting the past scenes tomorrow, do some magic canvassing, see if i can get a picture of this vampire to track him down. looks like more sleepless nights ahead.

(last name, first name).

-

you moved quietly down the alley, fingertips brushing against the brick walls as a low blue glow followed your touch. the glow spread throughout the alley, and you stopped just before where the body had been found. you gagged at the dried blood that caked the pavement, but you swallowed and took a deep breath.

"in oculis de mortuus."*

the scene before you changed as you made contact with the dried substance, a blue glow swirling and changing the scene into a dark alley, lit faintly only by street lights and the waning moon. your stomach flipped as you felt yourself fly through the air. the first victim was thrown down the alley from the sidewalk. you cried out, the world around you turning black. though, he wasn't dead yet, he still had a faint pulse. you were still in his last moments.

"please, please, it wasn't what it looked like!" you heard his voice echo, your mouth moving in time.

"that's what they all say," a gravelly voice replied. you turned, vision hazy as you saw the tall silhouette of your killer.

"no! i promise i won't do it again, please, don't kill me!"

"promises, promises. you humans love to fucking lie through your teeth, calling it promises. tried that shit once, asshole didn't last a week. now, quit fucking begging, it won't help."

you screamed, feeling as through your body had been lit aflame as the vampire's teeth entered your neck, claws digging deep into your skin.

your legs jellied underneath you, and you collapsed onto the floor, breathing hard as the scenery returned to normal. every inch of your body ached, screamed at you, with every movement. you could feel the slight trickle of blood slip down your lip, and you wiped it away.

as much as you wanted to go home, you couldn't. there were four other scenes to see, four other victims' last moments to search through.

#

you limped your way down the street, body aching and bruises; you were covered in fresh scars, and the bloody nose had yet to stop since the third victim. the sun had long since dipped behind the horizon, the full moon illuminating your path along with the street lights. people no longer ignored you, as the blood soaking your shirt and jeans caused many to stare in horror.

every gentle breeze felt like ice-hot fire burning your skin, and you could feel the few burns on your arms and chest ache under your shirt. you'd never encountered such horrid and painful last moments before you began your hunt for the vampire. most were emotionally calm, having been elders who made their peace, but the few painful ones were small children victims of hit-and-runs or freak accidents.