bullet train love // k. bakugou

word count: 474

you weren't sure why your alarm decided to not go off that morning, or why you couldn't find your uniform, or why your homework had gone missing when you'd left it on the desk, or why every single little thing seemed to be going wrong. you were usually quite precise, punctual about everything, just so you would never have to worry as you zombied your way through mornings.

but, your alarm had decided to quit that morning, and your uniform had decided to run off, and your homework had vanished into thin air, and you were forced to leave the house a whole twenty minutes later than usual and board the bullet train in the middle of peak travel time.

it was uncomfortable, as you stood shoulder to shoulder with everyone. you tried to squeeze your body as tightly as you could, a cringe on your face as more people clambered on and found themselves on the bullet train. it seemed as though it had hit it's fullest capacity, but more trudged on, and you found yourself forced against someone.

your cheeks were hot, a blush blooming as you looked up at the person you were shoved against. he was beautiful, to say the least, if you could ever find yourself describing a bullet train rider as beautiful. with crimson eyes and wild blond hair, lips pulled in a frown and light pink dusting his cheeks. you'd recognized the uniform—yuuei, just a few blocks down from your own high school.

"s-sorry," you mumbled, eyes darting about the train as embarrassment ate you alive.

"i-it's fine," the boy grunted.

bakugou spared a glance at the girl pressed flush against him; the small blush growing as he realized he could feel her chest push against his with every small lurch and push of the train ride. she was gorgeous, really, and bakugou never thought such a girl could ever exist. with (eye color) orbs and (hair color) locks pulled back in a messy bun. he couldn't recognize the uniform, but he was sure he'd seen it once or twice before.

you gulped, not really knowing what to say to the boy. you wanted to apologize again, feeling an obligation seeing as you were probably ruining his morning commute, just try to start conversation, try to learn what his name was, do something that didn't involve just gawking at the blond.

you squeaked as someone bumped their shoulder hard into yours, your world tilting for a moment before a hand grabbed your arm to stabilize you on the moving train.

"you alright?" the boy asked, sending a glare over his shoulder at the person who'd pushed you.

shakily, you nodded, "th-thanks."

"no problem," he muttered.

you gave him a small smile, looking away for a moment.

"i'm—"

the two of you stop, mouths frozen as you spoke at the same time.

you laughed quietly, "i'm (last name, first name)."

"bakugou katsuki," he replied.