好きだよ // k. bakugou

好きだよ; sukidayo, "i love you"

(bakugou may be a little out of character on this? i'm a lil rusty with bakugou rn)

...

you'd never confessed your feelings before. when you'd experienced crushes, you'd always felt content with keeping your emotions to yourself.

that was, until you met bakugou katsuki.

you didn't know when you started liking the fiery blond—whether it be when you met him in preschool, when you reunited with him at yuuei, or seeing how he'd matured from the overconfident and borderline cruel to who you knew today.

bakugou katsuki was unlike any other crush you had. he wasn't just a pretty face with a powerful quick, even though he had a dropdead gorgeous profile and a quirk that was sure to grant him the spot as number one hero right after he graduated.

he was more than that.

despite his angry disposition, you knew he cared for his friends (even if he would never say it aloud), and he was hardworking and determined and deserved every bit of praise he got from teachers and classmates. you admired him, and dare say you even loved him.

kirishima knew. ashido knew. even kaminari knew, and he was too dense to put into words. the whole class pretty much knew, except for the blond himself. no one in their right minds would slip up in front of him, and you made sure of that. being the quiet nice kid had its perks after all. or maybe it was your quirk, almost as fearsome and powerful as bakugou's.

deku somehow seemed to be the most helpful, as he knew the most about bakugou aside from you. he advised against a letter, but rather pushing you to confess verbally when you both had freetime. uraraka supported you as well, often times helping with creating chances for you to tell him your feelings. iida wasn't as on board as the former classmates, but he did offer input, as well as todoroki.

"is today finally the day?" uraraka asked upon seeing you exit your room.

you absentmindedly twirled a lock of hair around your finger. "i don't know, maybe?"

"you say that everyday," ashido pouted, her hands sagging your shoulders down as she whined.

"do i?" you asked with wide eyes.

uraraka nodded. "you do. but, as your best friends, it's our job to support you through whateverdecisions," she eyed ashido.

"i know, i know," the pink girl sighed. "but if you need help, we are here for you."

"thank you," you smiled. "we should really head to class, though, before aizawa gets mad we're late again."

"morning, (name)!" kirishima called, waving at you with a toothy grin.

"good morning, kiri-kun," you smiled. "you, too, kaminari-kun, sero-kun, and...," you faltered, seeing bakugou's everpresent frown on his face. "good morning, baku-kun."

the blond glanced your way, an inaudible mutter from his lips.

maybe not today... you thought with a slight frown. you replaced it with a wide smile and took your seat behind deku.

"good morning, deku-kun," you said.

"good morning, (name)-san," he replied. "any progress?"

you frowned. "i thought today, but... i think he's in a bad mood. maybe tomorrow."

"if you keep saying tomorrow instead of today, you'll never do it, (name)," todoroki spoke up.

you looked up at the silver and cerulean eyed boy. "oh, good morning, todoroki-san. but, i suppose you're right."