the end

Check the bottom
——————
  It's almost the last day of the year. Which means, it's almost Ace's birthday. (Y/n) is out shopping for her boyfriend, not quite sure what to get the birthday boy. He told them that he didn't want to celebrate it this year though, yet they all can't listen to him.
  He deserves to realize that his existence is something to be celebrated. Something catches her eye as she passes a shelf with trinkets and such, so she stops before she picks it up. The item of interest being a golden compass, the letters in a sort of curly font. Not only that, but the hand's-the one that tells a person which direction they're heading in-tip painted in a beautiful crimson paint.
  She closes the lid, marveling at the button on top that pops the device open again. Her fingers run over the smooth body, the feeling of the cool metal causes her to smile. This is the gift she'll give him. Maybe it's more of something she wants, but he'd love anything she got him. Plus, if he doesn't love it like she does, she can always take him out to a movie or something.
  After purchasing the compass, she exits the shop. The bitter cold of the wind making her pull her coat closer to her body. A sigh escapes her lips, the breath slowly rising up in front of her face. She shakes off the feeling before rushing home, man was she lucky that she found a shop that was open on New Year's Eve.
  Sure, she feels pretty bad that she didn't get his gift until the day before... but her paychecks haven't been all that much. She just got out of the hospital for being struck with a really bad flu. And she couldn't ask the Whitebeards for anymore help then they've gotten.
  She gets back to the place she and Ace now share before she grabs the gift box she bought for him and puts the gift inside. It's small enough to fit inside her pocket, which is good to avoid suspicion. She hears a door open, so she hurriedly shoves the box into her coat. She also takes off the price of clothing, because despite it being freezing outside, it's disgustingly warm in the house.
  Arms wrap around her as a head of wet, black-hair pops up beside her face, "Hey beautiful, welcome back. Ready for the party tonight?"
  "Of course," she turns her face to make eye contact. "Are you though?"
  "Why wouldn't I be? I love the new year," he smiles before she puts her hand to his cheek. "Your hands are freezing!"
  "Sorry," she laughs, going to drop her hand but before she can his hand is over it and holding it in place. "I though my hands were cold?"
  "They are," he says, his eyes slowly closing, "But I guess I don't really mind..."
  "You're delusional," she pulls her hand free before putting her coat back on. "Let's go. We don't want to be late."
  "We literally have all day..." he whines, grabbing his coat and shoving his feet into his shoes. "I mean, come on. Why can't we be at home together for five minutes?"
  "We were," she opens the door, waiting for him to follow her out before shutting and locking it. "This morning."
  "You're so rude," he lets out a sigh, before she slips her hand into his. "I take back my comment. I love you."
  "I love me too," she chuckles at her own joke as he gives her a surprised look. "I'm just joking. I love you more than I love myself."
  "I don't get why," he mumbles under his breath as she snuggles closer to him, walking the rest of the way in silence.
  The party is pretty typical, there's alcohol, food, streamers, banners, tons of confetti and glitter. All of Ace's friends and family are there, Luffy and Sabo included. Apparently, Sabo and Koala made up and are now back on speaking terms. Which is good. Because now Sabo seems happier and can focus on his studies.
  Besides the point, (Y/n) didn't leave Ace's side the whole night. And the night went pretty as expected of New Year's Eve. Except when the ball dropped, everyone said "Happy birthday, Ace" instead of "Happy New Year". Which made the man kind of upset.
  (Y/n) takes him onto the balcony, just the two of them, to try and calm him down slightly. He was calm, or her kept insisting he was, but it was just a cover anyway. The real reason was to give him his present, if he didn't like it, she couldn't take the embarrassment in front of all his friends.
  He tilts his head as she lets out a shiver, considering she took off her coat when they entered the party and didn't put it back on when she went to go get his present. He takes off his coat and puts it around her.
  "T-thanks," she blushes slightly, embarrassed considering she literally went over there and dug through the pockets. "I... thanks."
  "No problem," he turns around, leaning against the balcony, facing the party. "I don't know why they try to do this every year... why celebrate my birth? I'm nothing special."
  "You're special to me," she says, putting the gift into his coat pocket, opposite to the one she had it in her coat. "So therefore, they feel the same way. I mean, if it weren't for you... I'd still be with my ex. I'd be wasting away my life with someone who doesn't love me. That, or I would've frozen to death last year. That doesn't matter... what matters is... you. Ace, stop putting yourself down because it's easier than lifting yourself up."
  He looks at her as she digs through his coat pockets, his face contorting into panic, "What are you doing? Stop, there's-"
  He stops as she pulls out a box, smaller than the one she had put his present in. She's confused, isn't this the pocket she put it in...? Oh, she put it in the other one... so what's this? She opens it, and inside is a ring, her eyes widen, "Oh my god... Ace..."
  "You ruined the surprise..." he looks away before he grabs her hands, the box inside them, and gets down on one knee. "But if you'll still accept my proposal... I want to spend the rest of my life with you... and would be honored... if you'd marry me...?"
  "Yes!" she tackles him in a hug. "A thousand time yes!"

-true end-

Did I get you with the last "ending"? No? No... uhm this is awkward. *clears throat* Well, whatever. The thing is, I love games. And the games that I love have sort of a rpg feeling and they have a normal end and a true end. So... yeah. True story bro.