the snow

There was an error, so re-upload.

Tell me your honest thoughts about this book? Is it at all what you thought it would be when you started to read it?
————
  Ace walks out of his house, fully wrapped up in his warm coat and a scarf. His boots crushing the snow beneath him, he stops, staring at the sky. How long has it been? The snow is sticking to the ground, has been for a few weeks, so just how long has it been since I last saw her?
He adjusts the strap of his bag as he walks pass his car, deciding that it's not that far of a walk and that he'll live. Plus, he needs the scenery, his most recent therapist told him that he needs to find something to appreciate, like nature. He likes this therapist, unlike the last one, this one actually treats him like a person. Not a walking, talking problem.
The black-haired man stops on the sidewalk, other people milling around him, as he spots a familiar person. So, he still comes to this town, huh? Must be nice to continue your life like that night never happened.
He averts his gaze, trying to take in the sights and sounds all at once. Getting his mind off of... that. The snow on the ground being the best diversion, for some odd reason. It probably has something to do with the light and how it reflects off of the surface.
Each flake sparkling individual at different angles, oddly soothing. He stops, stares at the building he's traveled all this way for, before entering. The warmth sinks into his skin, filling his whole body and making him smile.
The smell of sugar and spices wafting in the air, marinating each of the individuals inside. He waits in line, like any normal human being, until he gets to the counter. A girl, with flowing chocolate brown hair and a strange shade of amethyst eyes, smiles at him. Not one of those smiles that seem fake or forced, one that can actually cause someone else to smile. Even someone like Ace, and he does.
"Hello! And welcome to the best place on Earth! What can I get you today?" she stares at him, the smile never dropping down. Liz. He reads the name tag on her shirt before looking at the menu.
"What do you suggest?" he says, looking back at her, giving her a smile. "I'm not really a coffee fanatic and quite honestly, this is my first time here..."
She nods, knowingly, she was once in his position, "Well... I know the best coffee... and if you get it... you must get a donut. It brings out the taste to the maximum. I'm telling you this, and not as a grab to get more money, but because it's true. I'll place your order... what's your name?"
"Ace," he says, one second too soon, causing her to laugh. It's a great sound, it reminds him of (Y/n)'s laugh.

-