the midnight

I'm uploading 2 chapters today, but make sure you read this one first! Or not. That's fine. Don't forget to vote...? And comment...? Or not. That's fine too.
——————————
  She lays in bed; the memories of the past year flooding into her head, blocking out the more recent memories of the night. Tears silently streak down her face as she tries to push the presence of her boyfriend out of her mind. This isn't how it was supposed to go.
  Then, suddenly, her mind goes further back. To the night she had first ever heard Ace's voice. He sounded so broken. It was foolish of her to think she could help heal him, it wasn't any of her business. She's so stupid. She never should've thought that she could even relieve him of some of his pain. There are people who can.
She calms herself slightly by pushing those thoughts away, before she gets out of bed. She makes sure to not disturb the sleeping man, before she changes her clothes and makes for the door. She can leave and make it back before he wakes up. It's only midnight.
She makes sure to lock the door behind her, taking the steps slowly. The lampposts by the roads slightly illuminating the mostly empty roads and the completely empty sidewalks. They flicker every once in a while, this city uses a lot of power, so it would only make sense.
She walks by all of the stores, their lights all off and doors presumably locked to keep out the burglars. Suddenly, she stops. The park across the street. There's someone there. Sitting on a bench. Their head in their hands. Yet, their body is completely visible.
They look up. Both of them have the same expression on their face. A complete look of shock.

-