the coffee

hey guys! I'm BACK! Capstone is finally over, so I'll be uploading this book more frequently now. And I've also gotten over my writers block on this chapter, so I'll be able to write more freely. Also, I graduate soon! Yikes! 😮

———————
  His hands absorb the heat of the drink in front of him as he stares out the window. The sun has set, and he's not sure how long he's been there, or how many cups of coffee he's had. He takes in a deep breath before letting it out again, Liz comes back over and offering him a smile.
  "Can I interest you in another coffee?" her eyes pierce into Ace, not in a patronizing way, but just piercing.
  He shakes his head, keeping his mouth closed because he knows if he doesn't he'll tell her about how much she's reminding him of someone else. He doesn't want her to listen to his sad sob story, after all, (Y/n) was never his in the first place. He takes the stirring straw and sticks it on his cup before swirling the liquid around in the container.
  His eyes go back to the world outside the window as the brown-haired woman walks away, his hands holding up his head. Ace notices a familiar face entering a club across the street, but just decides to ignore it. Nothing matters right now. Today is just one of those days that just seems to never end. Nothing bad happened, but nothing good did either.
  He did find a coffee shop though, so maybe it's not all that bad. The brown-haired woman comes back over, she's no longer in her work outfit, and sits down in front of him. His eyes study her face, while her's study his.
  "What's your story," she places her arms onto the table, folding one of them over the other while leaning forward. "You look like you haven't had a good nights sleep in years, plus you've been here all day."
  "Why do you care about me? We just met," he closes his eyes. This conversation feels familiar. "I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that it seems that every-"
  "I just care for my fellow humans," she leans backward and shifts her weight trying to get comfortable, before she leans forward again. "Is that so wrong, Ace?"
  "I guess not," he lets out a sigh, a deep release of all the negative emotions. "I just feel lost, is all. I have no clue what my life is like, or even going to be."
  "No one does," her facial expression doesn't change as she speaks without any hesitation. "I mean, some of us have ideas, but we don't truest know what we're going to be come... but that's life right? We just have to chose to move on."
  "But why do some of us get a choice to move on... while others are stuck doing something they don't want to?" Ace lets out another sigh. "Why is life so unfair?"
  "This is about a girl isn't it?" she tilts her head to the side and raises an eyebrow. "What happened?"
  "Well... she was dating this guy... but he was way too controlling and he hurt her countless times... I just... tried to help her... but I only lost her forever because of it," he shakes his head, thinking about anything else. "I just don't-"
  "Did you love her?" she asks straightforwardly, not even blinking, and when she notices that he's struggling to answer she continues, "Because if you truly love her, then you haven't lost her forever."

-