Chapter VIII. Destiny

I make my way to the spot Pein told me to meet him. "Naomi." A voice calls. I gasp at the familiar voice behind me. "Naruto, what are you doing here?" I turn around slowly. "I watched you leave early this morning."

He steps closer to me. "Why?" I sigh. "Naruto I can't see you again.." I feel a stabbing pain in my chest. Naruto just looks at me with a blank expression. I have made my choice. I must cut off my emotions if I am to kill my father. "I thought-" I cut him off "Naruto, what we had was nothing more than friends." He looks at me almost in tears. "Goodbye Naruto."

Those words killed me. I had destroyed myself. As I turn around for the last time I whisper "Im sorry.." As I close my eyes I feel tears fall from my eyes. I walk off leaving the only person I cared about behind.

------------

These last few weeks I've been secretly watching Naruto. Not just because Pein ordered me too but also for myself. He began his trained as a Sage and was becoming more and more powerful each day. As the day of Pein's arrival neared I had been being watched very carefully which made me suspicious.

As I lay against a tree I hear someone approach me. "What is it?" I growl. "Easy, jumpy. " I sigh as I look up at the blonde haired Akatsuki Member. "What is it, Blondie?" I ask slightly annoyed.

Deidara looks around. "They're not here right now." I say referring to the other Akatsuki members. He leans closer to me and whispers. "You have to get out of here Naomi." I tilt my head slightly and look into his eyes. "They want you dead.." He whispers.

My eyes widen and I slowly feel my hatred rising. "Who is they?" I mumble knowing. "I don't know, Pein never tells me anything." I say nothing.

My own father wants me dead just so he doesn't have someone he has to fear. I bite down hard on my bottom lip drawing blood. "Naomi!" Deidara exclaims. I push him away and stand up. "Goodbye Deidara." I mutter. I slowly look at him and force a fake smile. "Thank you for the warning."

I turn my back to him, "Oh and be sure to tell "Tobi" I said I'll be back soon enough." I smirk as the words spill out of my mouth. As I turn my back once again I notice the confused look on Deidara's face. Of course he had no idea My father, Madara, was using Tobi's or should I say Obito's body right now.

I feel my eyes change and this change feels different. As the sky begins to pour rain I stare at myself in a puddle of standing water. I know this time my eyes wont turn back, this is where my turn destiny begins.

_______

I've been walking for what seems like years. A couple days ago I saw clouds of smoke rising from what seemed like the Hidden Leaf and I knew Pein had gotten his wish.

I had also felt the presents of the Nine Tails. Deep down I wanted Naruto to be safe and looking for me, but part of me wanted him dead.

I sit down under the shade of a tree as I begin to think back to all the things Naruto had told me. I remember when he told me of Itachi's kid brother. What was his name.....Sasuke. Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto had a strong bond with this Uchiha.

I never understood how you could still search for someone who doesn't give a lick about you, but somehow Naruto managed to do it.

I look up at the sky and notice the clouds in the distance. It looks as if a storm is going to hit. I make my way to a small village. "Is there any rooms available?" I kindly ask the lady at the front desk of the Inn. She nodded and handed me the keys.

------

As I collapse on my bed I feel a strange charka outside my door. I quietly but quickly tiptoe to the door where I put my ear to it. ""You killed him?!" A girls voice shrieked. I could hear as what sounded like a teenage boy sigh. "Hey at least he killed an Akatsuki Member."

My eyes widen and I collapse to the ground. Akatsuki....Member...Dead.

I slip on my solid black cloak and open the door. I glance down the hall to find 3 men as well as a girl staring at me. Making sure my cloak was covering my eyes I walk closer to them. Watching closely I notice the one in the middle was badly injured. "May I be of assistance?" I ask kindly.

The whiny girl with red hair glares at me. "No Way! Beat It!" She yells causing me to want to kill her right then and there. "I bite down on my lower lip holding in the urge to rip her heart out. "Karin, Shut up!" The injured man exclaimed in a raspy voice.

He slowly takes his eyes off the ground and looks at me. Sharingan, He has the sharingan. My lips turn into a smirk as I stare into his eyes. I notice he was trying his hardest to put me under a gen-jutsu.

"Won't work. kid." I say still smirking. He shuts his eyes tightly and flickers them open once more. I step closer to this boy. I slowly remove my cloak hood. "Hello," I open my eyes "Sasuke."