Chapter V. My Secret

I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see flashbacks that I'd rather not see. "Can't sleep?" An eerie voice echo's throughout my room. "Father." I whisper.

I feel my eyes change, why do they change automatically when he is near. He must of knew what I was thinking. "Your eyes, Naomi." I sit up and stare at my masked father. "What about them." I say calmly. I watch his eyes and they wander around the room. I know he can not make eye contact with me because of them. "You know what power you hold." He whispers. I shake my head. "Actually, father, I don't." He stares at the floor. "You are the only thing that can destroy me, Naomi." I look at him. "Is that why you tried to kill mother?" He just nods. I feel my hatred rising. How can he be so calm about it. He noticed my angry rising.

"Naomi, I will kill you if I have to." And with those words he was gone.

-----

As I lay there staring at the curtain blowing in the breeze tears slowly fall from my eyes. That monster was my father. "I will kill you if I have to."

Those words kept echoing through my head. As the tears begin to pour from my eyes I feel a stringing sensation in my arm. I remove my hand from my arm and gasp. In anger I had clawed my arm to the bone causing blood to spill from the open wound. "Wh-What am I-I?" I stutter looking at my blood stained hands.

_____

I stand on my balcony looking at the full moon. My eyes still haven't changed back to normal, it began to scare me. I cross my arms and look toward Naruto's apartment. I notice his figure sitting on the railing outside of his apartment. "Naruto.." I say under my breath. What is this feeling I feel? I look away and begin to stare at my reflection in the moonlight.

"Naomi." A voice whispers behind me. I gasp knowing who the voice belonged to. I close my eyes and turn around. "Naruto! What are you-" I feel his arms wrap around me.

"I saw you out here at this hour and it made me worry." Without thinking I burry my face in his chest. "Why are your eyes closed?" He ask in a hushed tone.

I begin to sob uncontrollably. His gently hands stroke my back as I sob into his chest. "Naruto." I manage to say through my tears. He gently pulls away and looks at my face. "Open your eyes Naomi." He says shaking my body slightly. His voice echo's in my head. He can't know, can he?

As I desperately try to decide what to do I find a pair of lips on mine. My eyes open in an instant as I find mys lips moving with his own.

As he pulls away he immediately looks at my eyes. He becomes silent. A tear slowly rolled downs my cheek. I quickly advert his gaze. "Naomi, your eyes." He softly says pulling my face back to meet his gaze.

I open my mouth, but I can't speak. His arms once again wrap around my stiff body. "I'm sorry you had to be the first to see me..." I trail off. "Like this." I finally say in a hushed voice. He shakes his head. "I'm a monster." I mumble. "No!" He quickly yells. "Never say that." With that said he leads me back into my room.

I quietly sit on the end of my messed up bed and watch as Naruto paces the floor. "Naomi." He comes closer to me. "I know how you feel because," He takes my hand in his own "Un, I'm the Nine-Tailed Fox jinchūriki." As those words spill out of his mouth I can do nothing but stare at him.

Naruto knows exactly how I feel, how was I so stupid. No wonder Pein wants to invade this village. My eyes grow wide. Oh no Pein! He will be here in a matter of days. I look at the floor and sigh. "Well, umm I guess I should g-go." Naruto whispers. I nod, but he doesn't move.

I look at him confused. Why is he looking at me in the matter and why is he closing one eye at me? "What are you doing?" I finally ask him. Naruto sighs. "I'm trying to make it obvious." I tilt my head "Make what obvious?"

Naruto scratches the back of his neck. "Well, un, I wanna know if I-I can spend the ni-night." His face turns fifty shades of red. I chuckle. Well might as well spend my last few days experimenting new things. I nod, but then find myself pushed to the bed by the knucklehead. I smile slightly.

He gently wraps his arms around me. He gradually falls into a deep slumber while I lay awake. This is a new experience and feeling for me.

Chills run down my spine as I feel his hot breath on the back of my neck. I giggle. This feeling I feel when I'm with Naruto is weird. He has seen my monstrous eyes but yet he isn't afraid. It surprises me. As I close my eyes I hear a voice. "You must protect this feeling, Naomi." And with that I drift off.