"Good point. I'll be back." Michael said standing up. I watched as he took a deep breath and went about 7 feet away before quickly turning around and coming to a halt in front of me. "What?" I asked.

Michael looked around nervously before his eye caught something. I watched as Michael went around picking different colored wildflowers and putting them together to make a bouquet. "This is good," Michel said fluffing the pink and red flowers before adding a few white ones. "Do you think she'll like it?" Michael said nervously. "I mean she didn't like it when I called her pretty." Michael started to fidget around.

"Michael as long as you get your apology in, it's good," I said patting him on the back before giving him a small push. "Now go kid," I said before messing up his hair. Michael went up to Darcy he seemed to be lost in thought.

When Michael was close enough Darcy looked up with a blank expression. I continued to watch to make sure Darcy didn't lose her temper again and beat the shit out of Michael because let me tell you. She's stronger than she looks.

It looked to be good when Michael handed the flowers to a smiling Darcy after saying something that I assumed was 'I'm sorry'

I decided to walk over to them when they looked to be finished because Darcy hugged him. When I got over there Michael had a goofy smile on while looking out into the distance in some sort of trance. "Michael?" I said breaking him out of it. "Let's keep walking," I said looking between Darcy and Michael. As Darcy walked ahead still holding her stick, I turned to Michael. "So... how'd it go?" I asked.

"She hugged me! She really hugged me!" Michael said fist-pumping the air causing me to laugh.

"It seems like you are taking a strong liking to her," I said. Michael froze and shook his head. Before he could answer Darcy came up to us. "Whose taking a strong Viking?" Darcy asked confused. I watched as Michael jumped upon hearing her voice. "Uhh. Uhm— Meghan! Lucas is uh— taking a strong Viking to see Meghan..." Michael explained quickly.

"Sure," I responded.

Darcy looked at me pouting her lip out. "What no fair! I want a Viking Lucas!"

"Well, maybe one-day w—"

We all froze as we heard a rustling noise and then a wolf growl behind us.

I turned around slowly to see the wolf in a stance ready to pounce. "Don't...move..." I said quietly.

I heard a whimper from Darcy as I kept my eye trained on the animal that was ready to attack.

Distraction. Fuck I need a distraction. quick.

I slowly turned towards Darcy's direction who looked like she was about to break down any second now. I looked down to see as she gripped the stick tightly in her hand. Maybe I can throw the stick and then we can run. Bad idea but I need to think quick. "Darcy," I whispered as sweat dropped off my face. Darcy looked up at me and I gestured for her to give me the stick. She slowly rose her hand up only to stop when the wolf let out a loud growl. We froze again as the wolf edged closer.

Darcy was holding the stick so tight I heard it snap. And that's when she dropped it to the ground.

Okay, new plan.

I turned around growing anxious. Any second now this thing would have dinner. Two kiddie meals and a dessert— ok stop that Lucas fucking focus.

Then I made up my mind. I'd do anything for them. Even risk my life.

"Run!" I yelled before sprinting to the wolf and tackled it to the ground. I briefly looked up to see them still standing there. "Fucking run goddammit!!!" I yelled and barely got to see Michael grab Darcy's hand as she dropped his flower bouquet he gave her. I was glad to see that they started running.

I yelled out as the wolf bit into my neck. I had no strength but it only mattered if they got away safely.

I felt blood pour down my chest and I grabbed ahold of the wolf's neck. The wolf still managed to bite my abdomen before I could weakly stand up. Adrenaline rushing through my veins to a period where it almost hurt. Hell, everything hurt.

I grunted as I used all my strength to throw the thing off me. It whimpered before it began to limp away. I clutched my side and my breathing slowed once the wolf got pretty far away until I couldn't see it anymore.

I grabbed onto my side then pulled my hand away to see blood.

"Fuck," I muttered as some blood sputtered from my lips. I quickly looked around for Darcy and Michael. They were nowhere to be seen.

"Darcy!! Michael!!" I yelled before choking on my own blood.

I covered my mouth then wiped away the blood. I sighed in disparity then started to walk in the direction that I'm guessing they went in.

Great. Now I'm officially alone.

•••