Chapter 18:Welcome To Beacon

Both Glynda and Ozpin looked out the window to see many airships landing/flying around Beacon.

Glynda:"Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels."

She scowled as she watched.

Ozpin:"Well… running an academy and a military makes him a busy man."

Ozpin looked up to see a couple more airships flying over head.

Ozpin:"But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore."

A screen on Ozpin's desk beeped.

Ozpin:"Come in."

The doors to the elevator opened to reveal general James Ironwood.

Ironwood:"Ozpin."

Ozpin:"Hello, general."

Ironwood:"Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long!"

They shook hands with each other.

Ironwood:"And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda:"Oh James… I'll be outside."

She walked past him and left the room.

Ironwood:"Well she hasn't changed a bit."

Ozpin:"So… What in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? Headmaster's don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival."

Ozpin poured a cup of tea and gave it to Ironwood who accepted it.

Ironwood:"Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year."

He said as he pulled out a flask and poured it in his tea.

Ironwood:"Besides, with you hosting… I thought this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up."

Ozpin:"I can certainly appreciate quality time with friends… However… The small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned."

He sat down at his desk.

Ironwood:"Well… Concern is what brought them here."

Ozpin:"I understand travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult--"

Ironwood:"Oz… You and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin took a sip of his tea and sighed.

Ozpin:"We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this-- are just going to give off the wrong impression."

Ironwood:"But if what Qrow said is true--"

Ozpin:"If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival; A time to celebrate unity and peace. So, I suggest you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."

Ironwood:"I'm just being cautious."

Ozpin:"As am I… Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can."

Ironwood:"Believe me, I am."

He sighed as he pulled out his scroll.

Ironwood:"Some time ago, some hidden cameras of mine snapped this picture in Vale."

He showed Ozpin the picture.