camp mona

As we stood in the kitchen Aria and Emily rolled up the sleeping bags Valerie helped pack other things

"Since when are you mending Melissa's relationships?" Aria asked Spencer curiously.
"I kind of owe it to her." Spencer admitted.
"What's she ever done for you?" Emily wondered as spencer took out a large sleeping bag out from a box.

"It's more about what did I do to her. I'm the reason she and Wren broke up. We had a moment and Melissa saw us."
"A moment?" Valerie added confused.
"Yeah, it gets worse. Yeah, Melissa doesn't know this part, I also had a moment with Ian." Spencer nodded causing Valerie to drop her hair brush, Aria looked at her.
"Sorry." she mouthed.
"Shut up." Hanna told Spencer shocked.

"It was early in the summer before Alison went missing, it was just one kiss, but after they broke up we started seeing each other. I feel like the poster child for poor judgement."
"You could've told us, Spencer." Emily assured her.
"really?" Spencer asked placing down a box on the floor in the process.
"Cause Ali knew about the first kiss and she thought I was awful."

"Well, we are not Ali."  Aria reminded her.
"I should not tell Melissa, right?" Spencer asked them.
"Right." the girls all agreed as Hanna looks at the tv.
"Wait Spence, turn the TV up."
Turning towards the TV a picture of Alison's face appeared on the screen and quickly turns up the volume.
"Authorities searched the family home earlier today, and initial reports have confirmed that a bloodstain on the sweater is a match to the victims. If you just tuned in, police have issued a warrant for the arrest of missing Rosewood teen Toby Cavanaugh." the new reporter announced as a photo appeared on screen.
"he is wanted for the murder of Alison DiLaurentis."

"That sweater was Toby's." Hanna commented shocked.
"No, Alison was not dating Toby. There's no way that that's the guy she's talking to in the video." Aria pointed out.
"I've got to call Jason." Valerie spoke up causing the girls to look at her weirdly.
"Why?" Emily asked.
"it's his sister, why else?" Valerie shrugged grabbing her phone and heading out to the front porch dialing his number she let the phone ring.

"Hello?" he questioned.
"Jay the killer is Toby-"
"-I know. I'm the brother of the victim, of course I know."
"Of course." Valerie paused. "why didn't I think of that?"
"Maybe because you just wanted to hear my voice, because it's so soothing." Jason teased
"I'm going to hang up on you now." Valerie warned.

"Okay, okay i'm done."
"What are you doing?" Valerie asked hearing rustling in the background.
"Getting ready to go out for lunch."
"Jason?" A woman called out behind him.
"Who's that?"
"Who?"
"The girl Jason."
"No one, really."
"Your going out to lunch with a girl?"
"she's just a friend."
"you know when I saw your post I assumed that but now she's in your apartment?" Valerie pointed out rubbing her head.
"I'm sorry I called okay, I was just making sure you knew about Ali."
"Val-" Jason started but Valerie hanged up walking back inside.
~~
"Alison, she convinced us that she hated Toby and I totally believed her, guess she was just playing a game." Aria scoffed

"Alison's life was a game, she was the master and people were her dolls."
"Valerie, people aren't dolls, you can't just play with them and then put them back in the box." Ella told her daughter as they sat at a restaurant talking.
"You've been painting." Aria noticed causing Valerie to look at her mother's hands noticing green paint stains.
"Yeah. For years I couldn't find the inspiration to get back to it. Little did I know that all I needed was some lies and infidelity to light that fire?"

"Do you blame me for keeping that secret?" Aria worried.
"I wish you would've told me, or your sister at least, but I don't blame you." Ella assured Aria.
"I thought I was protecting you." Aria told her mother.
"I know."
"I feel that I made a really big mistake, and I just want to make sure you're heading me when I say i'm really sorry."
"I hear you baby. But no more secrets, okay. Neither of you." Ella stated grabbing Valerie's hands with her other hand.

"Okay." Valerie agreed.
"No more secrets." Aria smiled as Valerie's phone went off, visibly showing Jason's contact photo, Valerie apologized before shutting off her phone sticking it in her purse.
~~
As Aria, Spencer and Valerie arrived at Camp Mona, Mona rushed to them.
"Welcome to Camp Mona!" she exclaimed.
"Happy birthday." Valerie announced as Aria and Spencer each gave her a gift.

"Oh, whatever it is i'm sure i'll love it, and if not i'll return it." Mona told them, the girls looked at each other as a worker walks over to Mona and she hands him the presents before Mona turns around and grabs gift bags off the table for the girls.
"Swag!" she exclaimed happily.
"oh thanks." Aria told her as Spencer reached in the bag pulling out a black sweatshirt that said in large pink letters camp mona!
"oh its um, subtle."
"okay tour time." Mona turned around motioning for the girls to follow.

"So over here we have the massage tent, the mani-pedi area, the blow me bar and the mini bar. Excuse me." Mona told them walking over to a worker who stood near the desert table.
"um, did I just see you eat a cookie?"
the girls looked at each other amused as Spencer rolled her eyes and the two siblings chuckled.

As the girls later sat in the tent with Emily she explained her meeting with Toby.
"He came back to tell me that he's innocent and that he didn't hurt Ali."
"He's lying." Spencer added.
"we have to tell the police." Aria stares at Emily as her phone rings, she grabs it looking at the screen.

"It's Hanna." she told them answering the call.
After a quick phone call Aria's phone beeps, she stares at it.
"It's from A." she told them as the girls moved closer.
"You found my bracelet now come find me. Good luck bitches."