19.

▢▢▢

"Happy Birthday, Jasmin!"

Hearing the voice of my sister forced me out of my bed. My hair was all tangled and messy while my mind was still asleep.

"What?" I stirred.

Aoi was standing near my bedroom door with a gleeful smile on her face. I was so used to her blank expression that seeing her smiling was just plain awkward.

"Jasmin fix yourself up. Your breakfast and birthday gifts are in the dining table."

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "I'm still tired..."

Fixing myself up, I headed downstairs to see what surprise waited before me. A delicious aroma of sweet french crepes was leaving my mouth watery.

The dining table was organized with platters and utensils while a small pink wrapped box was in the center piece.

"Eonni, can I open this now?" I yelled across the room while holding the box.

"Go ahead." Aoi replied while holding a plate filled with french crepes.

I neatly ripped off pieces of the wrapping paper and placed it into the table.

It was an expensive white Michael Kors handbag with a golden strap. I wasn't a big fan of flexing but I'm actually in need of a new handbag.

The one that I usually used for outside purposes sadly has a hole in the bottom.

"Thanks Eonni!"

My sister nodded and handed me another gift. "This one is from Mom. It was delivered here last month so I hid it from you."

I narrowed my eyes and took the gift. "you did a great job doing it."

I studied the small package and read the note on it.

Happy 21st Birthday, Jas!
I love you so much<3
-mom

I grinned lightly at the little message and decided to open what was inside. My sister was also curious so she watched next to me.

"Oh wow"
It was a brand new makeup mirror with an hd picture of me from my beige photoshoot.

The covering was very smooth and glossy. It looked like a circular picture that was just thickened with layers.

Aoi took a better glance at the mirror, widening her eyes in the process of looking. "It's very clean and simple."

"The way I like it."

——

I was lazily staring outside of the living room window, chewing on my delicious french crepes. It's been years since I last tasted the savory sweetness.

After finishing up my meal, my eyes averted outside. A familiar friend was standing outside dressed all nicely and groomed. "Um, Eonni?"

"Yes?"

"Why is Leejan outside wearing a tuxedo?" I asked in confusion as I worriedly pointed out the window.

My sister shot me a blank look then walked next to me to see for herself. "I don't know. Open the door so he can come inside."

I followed her instructions and ran towards the entrance door.

I was too hesitant to even face him since the last time I talked with Leejan was through that awkward text message conversation.

If it wasn't Leejan who sent me the flowers, who is it? I should ask him again when we're leaving.

"H-Hey Leejan, what brings you here?" I started, peeking behind his figure to see if anyone else was around.