23 | DRAW ME LIKE ONE OF YOUR FRENCH GIRLS

Start from the beginning

Within minutes, he had her naked, back in the hay going at him like a wild animal. And once he delivered what she wanted, he twisted her beneath him, and just like always, she welcomed him inside her small body. Arching to meet him. Lips demanding more. Legs coiled to bring him deeper.  And when he climaxed, he knew she'd tighten her legs to keep him inside her as long as possible. It happened every time, and when he broke the connection, she whimpered like he'd taken part of her with him.

[Mature Themes Over]

He fell back onto the hay gasping for breath. "You're going home with me today." It sounded like a command even to his ears.

"Okay."

He breathed a sigh of relief. He rolled to his elbow and trailed a finger down her cheek.

He pulled her close. "Tell me."

Her warm breath floated across his chest. "What?"

"Everything. What you're running from. Who's after you? All of it. Whatever it is, I'll protect you."

At first, he didn't think she would say anything. But then she drew a ragged breath and began. When she finished, he lay quiet for a moment dealing with the part that bothered him most. Finally, he spoke. "So, in eight months when you turn twenty-five, you're going back to Baton Rouge."

"Yes. I have to. Aunt Fiona wants to retire; she's only done it this long because my dad asked her too. So even if I don't want to run the company, I'll have to pick someone to take over."

"Can you do it? I mean, it's a big job and you..."

"I know what you're thinking. I'm young."

He shook his head. "No, that's not it. You don't have experience is what I meant."

"Dad and I talked about this before he died. You're right. I lack the skills to do it on my own, but I'm smart enough to hire people who can help me. It's my dad's company. His dying wish and I promised. I don't have a choice."

One thing she'd omitted in her story was the can of cash he'd found in her room. Wasn't sure why. Maybe she didn't completely trust him or figured he already knew. Either way, he'd heard the fear in her voice. Running a company was the last thing she wanted, but she wanted to respect her dad's wishes. He had built it from the ground up, and he'd want her involved. He shifted the conversation. "I don't think I've ever slept with an heiress before."

Her brows scrunched together. "That's what I am, isn't it? An heiress. Sounds funny."

"You mean you've never thought of yourself that way?"

"No."

"Guess that comes from always having money." It sounded harsher than he'd meant it too, and he winced.

She had a strange look in her eye, but said nothing. Roman wondered what was going on in her head. With her, he couldn't always tell, so he dropped it and moved on. "Earlier, why were you drawing me?"

"I thought you were asleep."

"Dozing."

"Oh. Well, I like taking drawing you."

He raised his eyebrows, already imagining himself splayed out on a couch wearing a fancy necklace. "Naked?"

"Yes."

"Why? My sketched ass isn't going to show up on the internet, is it?"

She rolled her eyes. "No. I'm an artist. I appreciate the beauty of a man's body. Or a woman's. They're just for me. Nobody else will see them."