Chapter Thirty Nine

*9 Months Later*

Dear Kiera,
I'm not entirely sure what we do in these letters, not a clue at all. But all I really want to do is write down how much I miss you and Kelia. There isn't a day that hasn't gone by where I don't think about you two, even Duma.

Being here is amazing, I've learned so many survival skills and I've seen so many things I never expected to see. Sammy is here with me, he asked me to request a picture of Kelia and Duma together. He sure misses you guys, too. I'm happy him and I started running with you because if it weren't for you we would be at the bottom of the chain.

I promise baby, when I come home your modeling career will start blooming and I can stay home and go to school while you pursue your dream. We will pursue our dreams together. I promise to give you the life you and our daughter deserves. I love you so much, baby. I can't wait til these three months are up so I can see you and Kelia. I'm counting down, only 61 days left until I get to see my family.

Love always,
Matty

My heart broke when I read the letter I had received from him. He had been gone only a month and I already miss him so much. I feel like everything is off in my life, it took a few weeks until I was able to get on the right schedule with Kelia, school, and work.

I hired Roxy to babysit Kelia after school while I work, but since summer starts in two weeks I'm able to start working fourth hours a week rather than only twenty eight and I'll be able to work longer hours.

My parents took a while on convincing them to sign the emancipation letters, but they did sign my working papers. It took a lot, but as long as I brought Kelia over every Sunday for dinner then they would sign the papers. I was already pretty much emancipated, just not legally. And I shouldn't take Kelia's grandparents away for what they did to me, that'd make for an awful mother.

I've managed to book a few magazine gigs with my modeling career, and I've even officially been added to the IMG modeling website with a link to all of my pictures. I haven't been Instagram or twitter verified yet, but I do have over five thousand followers on both.

"Momma." Kelia walked into my bedroom while I was folding laundry.

"Hi princess, what's going on?" I picked her up from the floor and held her on my hip.

"Milky." She rested her head on my shoulder with her pacifier in her mouth.

I walked into the kitchen with her on my hip and I grabbed a sippy cup from the cupboard and I grabbed the milk from the fridge. "Only a little bit. Remember you're going to grandma and grandpas tonight."

"Gama and gampa?"

"Yep. You want to watch Princess Barbie while mommy gets you ready?" I held my hand out for her to hold while she started drinking the milk.

"Bobby." She shouted in excitement while taking my hand.

"Barbie, but close enough." I laughed at my own joke. Matty has only been gone a month and I am already making jokes with myself.

I turned on Barbie and handed Kelia her blanky as she laid down. "Mommy will be in your room okay?" I leaned over and kissed her forehead as she nodded.