Chapter Seven

"So tell us you two, how exactly did you meet?" Jonah shoved a fork full of food in his mouth.

"Well he pretty much saved my life," I was being a bit dramatic, "I wasn't paying attention and his friends threw a football towards me and he stopped it from hitting my head."

"Matty was always good with catching overthrown balls." Thalia smiled at Matty.

"Tell us about yourself, Kiera. I mean we've heard a lot about you but tell us something about you, like your future?" Jonah suggested.

"I actually plan on going into the medical area, I've already got my schedule set for mostly science and math classes. And I've passed the college initiation test allowing me to start taking some college courses now. Even though I'm only in the tenth grade I have already dedicated so much of my time towards medicine and math."

"Wow, not many people your age know what they want to be or even know the area they want to head in." Thalia looked surprised.

"Want to know what is even better? During her lunch period she goes to the library and reads a different book on medicine every time." Matty added.

"Impressive, I like her so far." Thalia winked at Matty.

"Me too," He turned his head to me and smiled at me.

Wow, butterflies everywhere.

"What inspired you to get into medicine? Any particular area in medicine?"

"Surgery, I'm not exactly sure which area of surgery but definitely surgery. And if I'm being honest, Grey's Anatomy took a huge part in the choice." I felt my face turning red at embarrassment. Now they're probably thinking that I won't actually go through with surgery.

"Oh my gosh, I love Grey's!" Thalia exclaimed.

"You're kidding! Who's your favorite?" I asked her.

"Bailey, without a doubt! What about you? Please don't tell me it's Izzie!" She laughed.

"Uh actually I think Izzie is the most annoying one on the show, I am so happy she left. But I'd like to say I'm stuck between April and Lexipedia."

"Huh, not a lot of people like April."

"She reminds me of myself, I come from a super religious family and she is just so caring and nice. I want to be like her when I grow up." I smiled.

"You got yourself a religious one, Matty?" Thalia attempted to whisper to Matty but failed, horribly.

I know by now my entire face in completely red from the nervous breakdown I am having inside right now.

"I told you she is perfect, she even asked me to the dance." He joked.

"Why didn't you ask her to go with you? I mean, horay for girl power, but I raised you to be a gentlemen and to go after what you want." Jonah added.

"I know dad, I asked her and she didn't give me an answer. I think I make her nervous." He winked at me.

We continued getting to know each other as we feasted over the wonderful meal his mother had made. Most rich people have that snotty attitude where they think they are better than everyone but not this family, this family is the complete opposite. Their personalities are in such sync with each other and they all seem genuinely happy with their life and with being nice to others and thinking equally. I could see my baby around this kind of family in the future, and not for the reason that they have money but that they all are so sweet and accepting of anyone.

"Please, Kiera, come by anytime. As I am sure that Matty would appreciate it but so would his father and I. You're just as wonderful as Matty said you were." Thalia handed me my coat and hugged me after I put it on.