Chapter Six

"It started at the beginning of cheer camp. I was standing in line for registration and key handouts, and you know them football players, they just have to throw footballs where they aren't meant to be thrown."

"Did you get hit in the head?" She covered her mouth from laughter.

"No, sorry for the disappointment but I was about to be hit in the head when Matty caught the ball when the other guy couldn't and pretty much saved my life."

"Well if that isn't a fairytale movie scene." She smiled at me.

"Right?" I looked at her confused, "So he asked what my name was and introduced himself to me. Of course, I acted like I didn't know him because I'm the shy person I am and I introduced myself."

"He didn't even know your name?"

"I'm not a somebody, I'm a nobody, Maria." If she keeps asking stupid questions like this I'm not telling her. I took a bite of my brownie and took a sip of my latte.

"Right, sorry." She muttered.

"After meeting that day, he made a lot of eye contact with me, and we got paired together in class for a project."

"This is getting good." She took a sip of her drink.

"Being paired together for a project means that we have to spend a lot of time together, and we eventually ran out of class things to talk about and started talking about our lives and what they are like."

"Woah," Her jaw dropped.

"Like I said, one thing lead to another. Except the night it happened, the last night at camp. It isn't what you think it was, he called me and practically begged me to come over. I could hear the sadness in his voice so I had no other choice but to go. We were really good friends at the time. When he opened his door he was on the verge of crying, he was practically in tears." I felt awful for telling anyone about this, even if it is my best friend.

Her straw was pressed between her lips and she just stared at me without blinking, as if she needed to know what happened next.

"Something horrible happened, that I can't say so don't even ask." I said as I saw her open her mouth. I knew she was about to ask, the result was a disappointed look.

"We talked for hours, but when I was finally able to help him feel any better it had been decided I was spending the night because of curfew and we can't be outside past curfew. We were just friends," I stopped talking and thought got a second, "At least I thought we were."

Speechless, again.

"When he walked with me to his bedroom door, he offered me the bedroom and he offered to sleep on the couch, I forgot I had his leather jacket around my shoulders, I was cold and didn't want to make him get up while we were talking about the situation that was going on."

This is the part I should've known better and I knew it. "He flirted with me, and he was good at it. He knew exactly what he was doing. But I don't blame him."

Her mouth worded O M G but her voice wasn't noticeable. I knew she would have this reaction.

"I didn't know what to do, I never had a boyfriend let alone someone flirt with me. I wasn't sure what to say, so I just stared at him, trying to find the words to say anything at all. Instead of waiting for words to come out, I kissed him, and somehow the kiss lead to his bedroom and our clothes were being taken off by each other."

"That's when you guys had," She stopped talking and looked around to see if anyone was listening, "S E X?" She whispered as she spelled it out.

I nodded and sipped on my hot drink.