Chapter Nine

(A/N): So I decided to count in the votes for the inclusion of Aurelia a couple days after I published Chapter Eight. I'm sorry if your vote didn't get acknowledged but please understand that I can't keep waiting for everyone to state their opinion for such a long time. I hope that the side with the lowest poll will forgive me.

*****

Third Person's Point of View

*

"Six Cauldron Cakes and one Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, please." (Y/N) said to the Trolley Lady as he took out his pouch of money.

He accepted the food graciously and took his seat in the shared compartment with Aurelia.

"I thought we can do something to pass time." He told Aurelia as he gestured toward the jelly beans. He then offered three of the Cauldron Cakes to Aurelia, who took them and smiled at him.

He opened up the carton of the jelly beans and handed the first one to Aurelia. The color was distorted between multiple shades of brown. He watched her carefully as she placed it in her mouth and chewed on it.

She wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Tastes like rotten bananas." She informed (Y/N) when she noticed his questionable expression.

(Y/N) chuckled and plucked one from the carton. This jelly bean was bright red. He could feel Aurelia's eyes boring into him as he brought the bean up to his lips.

He nibbled the edge of the bean and tasted a burst of sweetness. Satisfied with the flavor so far, he popped the rest into his mouth and ate it with delight.

"Strawberry cheesecake, I think." He said with a smile.

Aurelia swatted his arm playfully. "You always get the good ones." She shook her head, grinning.

(Y/N) hummed in reply. He took a bite of his Cauldron Cake, as he was hungry since he did not finish his breakfast in the morning.

He did not notice how Aurelia was staring at him as he ate until he looked up. When their eyes met, Aurelia's face turned pink and she immediately looked away. (Y/N) furrowed his eyebrows in confusion; Aurelia has been acting strange and distant all year.

He wondered what was the reason behind all of this, for they always told each other everything.

"Is something wrong?" He asked her, a look of deep concern adorned his face.

Aurelia glanced at him and moved her eyes away just as quickly. "N-no, of course not. Why?" She said nervously.

(Y/N) reached out his hand and placed it on her smaller, paler ones. "Aurelia," He paused, waiting for her to say something. When she did not, he continued. "You are an important person in my life. You are my best friend and I want to let you know that if there is anything that is bothering you, then it is best to tell me."

He smiled at her sincerely and Aurelia's heart ached at his words. I wish I can tell you, (Y/N)... She thought sadly. Nevertheless, she returned a smile and nodded in understanding.

***

"Master (Y/N)!" A voice shouted.

(Y/N) perked up and looked around, trying to find the speaker. His eyes landed on a familiar elder woman and his lips curved into a huge smile.

"Vanessa!" He greeted happily as he walked to meet her. Aurelia trailed after him, making sure her baggage does not fall out of the cart.

"It is so good to see you again, young master." Vanessa said, her eyes twinkling. "Oh my, Miss Aurelia! What a beautiful young woman you have become!"