Chapter Two

A/N: So... I just want to clarify something: I know it's been almost a year and I promised you guys Chapter Two... I DID have it written down, I just NEVER got to post it. I also had a lot of things going on in real life at that time. Life wasn't treating me well in 2017 and 2018. I was diagnosed with scoliosis, (FYI: It's when the curve in the spine is bigger than normal, meaning that everything in the back is just kinda out of place. Don't Google it, you'll regret doing so.) I was really upset, but I got better this year, and I was so relieved from the pressure. And then there's school, where I had to try and balance everything, but I never had time to write. I just started high school this year, so hopefully I'll update within a month every time. So without further ado, let's get into the story.

And thank you to readers who read, followed, voted, and commented on my previous chapter. Thank you so much! It makes me so happy! :)

*This whole entire story will be written in third person omniscient since I thought I should include Hermione's thoughts as well and maybe even some other characters.

*Please remember (E/C) means "eye color"

*****

Third Person's Point of View

*

"Ronald Bilius Weasley, you better shut up or I'll hex you to next week!" Hermione fumed, suddenly drawing her wand and pointing it threateningly at the redhead's chest.

Ron yelped at her unexpected action. He threw his hands up in surrender and sighed, "Fine."

Harry was watching them with an amused look on his face and tried to hide his laugh with a fake cough. Hermione glared at him and he quickly recomposed himself, not wanting to end up in the same situation Ron was in.

By the time she was back in the Gryffindor common room the previous day, the rumors had spread like wildfire. Although the gossips had included her, nobody knew about (Y/N). She assumed the reason was because Malfoy had made sure no one knew of the good-natured Slytherin's actions judging from his comment, "You are a disgrace to Slytherin!"

Yes, she was irritated, embarrassed, and uncomfortable from the constant teasing and questions from her fellow Gryffindors, but she also felt something else. Happiness. Not because everyone was treating her differently, it was actually because the popular Slytherin boy had finally paid attention to her.

Ever since Second Year, she noticed he was different from his House mates. Unlike them, he seemed much more pleasant. He was a year older, but she couldn't help but notice how attractive he was. He always wore a friendly smile and never catcalled at anyone. That's what she liked about him.

Yesterday's occurrence took her by surprise. The moment he stepped in, she forgot all her fury and felt grateful and shy. Although she still had insulted him and sensed regret the moment she had said it. She had thought he would back off and let Malfoy continue to offend her, but he did the complete opposite of what she had in mind.

When he had smiled at her, she felt her heart soar. His beautiful (E/C) eyes were filled with absolute concern. It took her breath away, literally. She had never met someone as charming as (Y/N), unlike Cormac McLaggen (who was so fake, you could see right through him) and he isn't even that handsome. Everything about (Y/N) was flawless. He was exactly what every girl could dream of in a perfect boyfriend. Maybe Hermione... She shook her head, ashamed of her thoughts.

She walked toward the library, where she can distract herself from (Y/N). Unfortunately for her, the moment she turned to the history books' shelves, she found herself face to face with the Slytherin wizard.