Chapter Six

(A/N): I apologize for making you all wait for so long. School had me boarded up for a while! Thank you all for reading my story and giving me encouraging feedback !

*****

Third POV

Ron is furious.

Students made way for him in the hallway as he angrily stomped past them. A group of Fifth Year Hufflepuff girls glanced at him with annoyance, muttering to themselves about troublesome Weasleys.

The Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students has already arrived in the early morning, but did Ron really care? Clearly not.

As he pushed a First Year aside, he imagined the younger boy as (Y/N), but he knew that if (Y/N) was really in front of him right now, the Slytherin wizard would overpower him quite easily. This thought seemed to enrage Ron even more.

He hated how (Y/N) looked, with his handsome, smiling face. He disliked the way (Y/N) acted, as if nothing in the world bothered him. He despised (Y/N)'s wealth. And he especially detested how Hermione fawns over (Y/N).

Ron's hands clenched tightly into fists, and he could feel his ears and cheeks turn hot with fury.

Harry hasn't spoke to him since the incident in the library. Nobody has, for that matter. Deep inside, Ron knows he is being selfish for having all these ridiculous beliefs swirling in his mind, but he's tired of all the attention (Y/N) has been receiving lately. It seems as if Ron doesn't even exist in the minds of his best friends anymore. If only-

"Ron, do you have a moment?"

Ron swiveled to the voice. Harry stood a few feet away from him, with his hands in his robe pockets and a worried expression on his face. Look who decided to finally come back, Ron thought bitterly.

Instead, Ron managed a bright smile and said, "Hey, Harry, glad to see you looking better! Erm, what is it that you need to talk to me about?"

Harry averted his eyes and responded, "I think it's better if we go outside."

***

When they got settled in the empty courtyard, Ron spoke. "How are you feeling, Harry?"

His question seemed to catch Harry off-guard, as if he didn't expect it at all. This caused Ron a little unease. Although Ron can be a little immature at times, he wasn't cold-hearted. Especially when Harry was attacked the day before.

"I'm fine, Ron." Harry replied curtly. When he noticed Ron's hurt expression and he quickly added, "Thank you."

Ron nodded slowly, feeling more and more uncomfortable at the moment. He stared at the ground, trying to think of something to say.

"Ron." Harry suddenly cleared his throat. Ron looked up, giving his best friend his full attention. Harry tugged at the sleeve of his robe before continuing. "Ron... I know you fancy Hermione, but..." He trailed off and readjusted his glasses, although they were sitting quite perfectly straight on his nose.

Ron felt his face turn hot and looked away once more. Was it that obvious that he has feelings for Hermione Granger?

He coughed. "Erm... I dunno what you're talking about, Harry. I think-"

"You know what I'm talking about." Harry interrupted. Ron could feel his eyes boring into him, but did not say anything. Harry sighed, "Ron, we've known each other since we were eleven; you're my best mate. I practically know what you're thinking about most of the time."

Do you now? Ron thought sullenly, kicking at the dirt beneath his shoes.

"(Y/N) is a good person."

Ron turned sharply to Harry, who was avoiding his eyes. Feeling stunned, Ron asked, "Why do you think so?"

"Look, Ron, I know you're jealous of him, but you shouldn't go fighting him-"

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL!" Ron shouted.

Harry stared at him, startled.

Frustration clawed at the back of Ron's mind. Why can't anyone understand me? Ron wanted to scream. Instead, he took a deep breath and said in a wavering tone, "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have yelled at you, Harry... I'm just going to go back and clear my head. See you, Harry." Ron stood up quickly and shuffled out of the courtyard, leaving Harry staring after him.

***

Third POV

Meanwhile, Hermione was having one of the best times of her life; cuddling up with (Y/N) and reading a book with her head settled upon his shoulder. After every few pages (Y/N) would steal a kiss from her lips, just to tease her and leave her longing for more.

And of course, someone just had to ruin the moment for her.

Ron had snatched the book she was holding and grabbed her arm roughly, leaving a blaze of searing pain along her skin.

"Let me go, Ron!" Hermione said angrily, trying to loosen up Ron's grip.

(Y/N) quickly tore off Ron's grasp and immediately jumped up and placed himself between Hermione and Ron.

Ron glowered dangerously at (Y/N)'s face and tried to push past him. Retrieving his wand from his pocket, (Y/N) held it up to Ron's chest as a warning.

Ron laughed coldly. "Playing the hero now, aren't you?" He stepped closer to (Y/N), forcing himself upon his wand. He then sneered. "Go ahead, Phoenix. Maybe everyone will see how treacherous you truly are."

(Y/N)'s steady glare seemed to falter a little, but it still stood its ground. "Please leave at once, Ron."

"Ron, Ron, Ron." The red-head mimicked. "Don't act all friendly now, Phoenix. You-"

Suddenly a blur of movement flashed by and Ron could feel a blossom of pain blooming through his cheek. Hermione stood in front of him, with tears streaming down her face and her hand raised, threatening to strike again.

Ron held his cheek tenderly and he stared at his once best friend in shock. "You slapped me...?" He whispered. His eyes moved to (Y/N), who instantly looked away. "FOR HIM? HOW COULD YOU? CAN'T YOU SEE I CARE ABOUT YOU MORE THAN HE-"

"I don't ever want to see you again." Hermione said shakily. "I thought you would understand, Ron, but I was wrong. I was wrong all this time." More tears flowed down her face, and Ron could feel his heart ache greatly. But slowly, very slowly, that pain disappeared, leaving a solid, cold barrier around his heart instead.

He looked at her straight in the eye. "Fine. Be that way, Granger." He said icily, all of his emotions gone. "You all better watch out now, the lot of you. You will all regret what you have done." With that, he turned and left the two lovebirds alone once more.

*****

(A/N): I'm so, so, so sorry about making this chapter so short, everyone. I'll try to make the next chapter much longer and publish as soon as possible. Thank you all for reading, by the way. Don't forget to give a follow, vote, and comment! ;D