(11) Fuck the accords

Start from the beginning

***

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Clary asks with confusion and I nod my head, my brow wrinkling as I glance around the dark and gloomy churchyard, not knowing where the hell we were planning to get weapons from.

After Simon had been taken, we went back to the institute, we re-hashed and came up with a plan to get Simon back from vampires.

Yes, you heard me right. 

Vampires.

Like none of this could get any more complicated.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognized demons. Or at least they used to." Izzy explains and I nod my head understanding but not really caring. "They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." Alec states grimly and I scoff, my eyes glancing at him, annoyance creeping in.

Does he ever shut up?

"Are you saying we did too good a job? You just can't let up, can you?" Izzy questions rhetorically, rolling her eyes in exasperation at her brothers' ability to pick at something none stop.

He's like a teen girl with acne, just picking until it bleeds.

Izzy ignores Alec's stare and instead pulls out her phone, a bright smile over taking her features as she smirks in victory "Excellent, he's home. I'm off" She says flamboyantly with a grin; I smirk back in reply and chuckle.

"Lucky Izzy "I tease as I step closer, she giggles in reply and I grin enthusiastically. "Is he hot??" I whisper and immediately hear a groan of disgust behind me, I quickly turn around and see Alec grimacing at us both and I smirk at him, mischievously.

"Don't be a Debbie downer just cause Izzy's getting enough for the both of you" I mock, causing Izzy to bellow out a hearty laugh as Alec sneers, however, he doesn't bother to respond as he walks away, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" He yells over his shoulder and I scoff, "But then she wouldn't be getting any action!" I exclaim at Alec, watching him gruffly groan, making a wide smile take over my face as I wave goodbye to an amused Izzy.

As I turn back around, I notice that Alec and Jace are in a heated discussion and that whatever they where talking about was probably serious, since I've never seen them two intently arguing.

And I had a feeling that it had something to do with Clary and I.

However, as I walk closer to get hear better, and I know eavesdropping is rude, Clary calls us out, saying that's she's found Mary Milligan's grave. Relief filling me, we all walk over and stand beside Clary, staring down at the grave stone and I quickly raise my brow once I read the words.

"Beloved servant? Who would want that on their headstone?" Clary questions and I shake my head in agreement, knowing that when I died, I wouldn't want me being a dedicated servant to define me, surely there are better qualities.

"Someone who is in service to a cause greater than themselves." Alec replies grimly, his face dry with irritancy as snaps at Clary. I scoff out and roll my eyes, "Morbid as usual" I mutter.

Ignoring my comment, Alec and Jace wipe the dust and cobwebs off the grave and Jace smirks childishly and waves his hand saying "Abracadabra" In a fancy voice. Clary gasps and quickly leans forwards "Wait, you guys really say that?" She asks in astonishment and I groan, watching a Jace stifles a laugh and Alec rolls his eyes, probably wondering how naïve a mundane could get.

Though, not even going to lie, I'm even a little embarrassed at that.

"Really Clary?!" I laugh, as Jace smirks before shaking his head "No we don't" He confirmed before pulling out his stele and carving a rune into the gravestone. As the rock shifts Jace and Alec move to either side and lift the top layer, moving it to the side.

As soon as it moved, we spot the weapons inside and I grab the serph blade as Jace grabs his own, Alec sighs turning to me with annoyance. "Put that down, you don't know how to use it" He chastises and I smirk, "No? Then how did I kill the demon in pandemonium?" I ask challengingly making Alec scoff, stepping forwards.

"You didn't kill- "

"Alec, do you see what you need in here?" Jace asks cutting in and Alec immediately turns from me, he sighs running a hand through his hair and shakes his head "No, I need my bow" He states and Jace nods his head.

"Go back to the institute and get what you need, use the back door so no one sees you" Jace says as Alec nods, turning ready to leave, however before he has a chance to go, Jace stops him again. "And take Cam, there are more weapons in the institute, help her find a good match" Jace says and Alec immediately sighs in response, I merely frown, not wanting to be around Alec, but I do need a decent weapon.

"Fine" Alec says, not bothering to argue before turning on his heel and walking away. I quickly follow after passing Clary the serph blade, groaning quietly since I could already tell this was going to be a long day.

 I quickly follow after passing Clary the serph blade, groaning quietly since I could already tell this was going to be a long day

Hello :)

Just a short little chapter to get you all excited and buzzing for whats to come, bc let me tell you there is alot more of Alec and Cam to come and it's going to get REAL INTERESTING.

But you won't find out if you dont stick around.

So make sure you VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE if you enjoyed this chapter.

And I will see you next time xoxo