Liam, who had cast his gaze to the floor when she looked at him, didn't say anything as she left.

Stiles on the other hand whirled around to Liam with narrowed eyes. "Okay, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Liam raised his head, startled. "I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, you're going to be sorry if you don't start explaining to me why you're treating my girlfriend like shit," Stiles snapped, moving away towards his personal locker. "She hasn't done anything to you, Liam."

"I never said she did," Liam fired back, following him to his own space. "I'm not treating her any different!"

Stiles knew he was lying. In fact, Liam knew he was lying to himself.

"I can't believe you," Stiles scoffed, setting his lacrosse bag on the bench. He faced him with glare. "Ever since she started tutoring you, Sierra always told me and Scott how much potential you had. In the classroom and in the heart."

Stiles lowered his voice so their teammates wouldn't overhear. "And when Scott bit you, do you know who practically bit his and my head off? Sierra. It wasn't because she didn't want you to be apart of our family, it's because she didn't want you to have to live with the sacrifices we always have to make," he stated intently, enunciating every word perfectly clear. "She's protected you and she has cared for you just like she's done for all of us. And what have you done to thank her? You let your anger out."

Stiles shook his head, disappointed. "I know you could probably kick my ass if I even tried to hurt you," he continued, but held Liam's eye contact as he declared sternly, "but when you hurt her, you hurt me. You hurt Scott. And neither of us will hesitate to show exactly how big of a mistake that would be."

Stiles narrowed his eyes once more. "If you're not going to treat her nice, don't even go near her," he warned seriously. "Don't talk to her, don't even look at her. Sierra has been through too much shit and I will not allow you, of all people, make her suffer more. Do I make myself clear?"

Liam stared at him, wide-eyed. Never in his life did he think Stiles was capable of getting so angry. His heart had remained calm the entire time, letting Liam know he meant every word he said. Stiles didn't care that Liam was a werewolf, or a mere freshman. No one hurt Sierra. End of story.

Liam bowed his head with a sigh, "Yes."

Stiles nodded, satisfied with his response, before he muttered, "Good. Now go get ready for the game; Scott and Kira will be here soon."

However, as the lights to the field kicked on and people started filing into the bleachers, the couple still didn't appear. Stiles filled the time by putting on his gear, his teammates doing the same as they crowded around the bench.

Liam sat beside him hesitantly, weary of the boy since they talked in the locker room. But the spot next to him was the only spot available.

"What did I say, Liam?" Stiles questioned him five minutes later, not even sparing him a glance as he adjusted his shoulder pad.

Liam snapped his head away from where his eyes had fallen on Sierra, who stood a few feet away beside Coach as they observed the Devenford Prep players on the field. Liam sighed, grumbling under his breath, "Don't look at her."

Stiles finally looked at him with a grin. "That's right! Wow, I'm genuinely shocked you listened for once."

"I just want to know if she's heard from Scott," Liam defended. "You know, since he still isn't here!?"

"Okay, what's wrong?" Stiles questioned him. "Is it the full moon? Is that why you're being a jerk? It's not even for twenty four more hours. Just don't rage out on anyone and you'll be fine."