Chapter 9: USJ, What Awaits Us?

U.A. High, Class 1-A

A few days after the joint training exercise, unofficially dubbed by all the students as 'Hero Beatdown', no one could absolutely deny just how glad they felt, along with how scared shitless they were.

No shit, they were relieved that Izuku wanted to be a Hero. They understood now why it was a really good thing that he was on their side and not actually trying to dominate the world. If that was the case, then all the Pro-Heroes were basically screwed. So to have them on their side ensured total victory, and they didn't care a single bit.

And they had to remember that, even if he looked innocent sometimes and a little lazy, and sometimes made jokes that seemed rather odd or liked to give lessons in the middle of a fight, which he has done back in the 'Trial of Battles' and 'Hero Beatdown' (a lot), he could potentially be strongest human being to have ever existed.

Which was crazy! So far, they thought that title was All Might's alone. And now... they didn't even know.

Still...

"Maybe I could substitute 'x' here for 'x=3y-2'?"
"That is correct. Then you need to repeat this instance with this other equation, and you'll finally find the coordinates."

In a lot of stories, the strongest human was always depicted as some adventurer scouring the lands for strong opponents, or some defender of the universe with his own personal battalion or squad backing him up.

That was how things were. Here, however, it couldn't have been any further from the truth.

Honestly, it was amazing that the strongest human being was also their classmate. And apparently, he took his studying quite seriously. Even more seriously than his battles. And that he must be inspired by the manga One Punch Man, if there was any saying on the matter.

While he was busy getting a one-on-one tutoring from Yaoyorozu about simultaneous equations and coordinates (who thought it was a good idea to mix these two together?), all of his other classmates were busy staring at him, honestly not knowing what to say.

And quite honestly, all of them had their own thoughts on the matter.

'Seriously, he's so powerful... Thank God I warned Half-n'-Half, or else she'd get hit by his attack,' Katsuna opted to rest her head on her desk while waiting for the next teacher. 'Seriously, I knew that he told me that the move was powerful, but... damn.'

'...I wonder if he's anyone's secret love child,' thought Shoko, staring at the boy with a curious yet calculating gaze, trying to act normally—although everyone were staring at him right now, so it probably didn't mean much. 'He has to be. 'Quirkless', but this powerful? There must be a reason to all this strength...'

'I wonder why Midoriya said that he would hold tutoring classes after the Sports Festival,' thought Ochako. He never did explain why, but he must have a good reason. 'I wonder how he'll do it. Ooh, he'd probably invite us over for a group study! That'll be so cool!'

'Truly, he is a powerful student... and I was too careless in my initiation of attacks!' Iida understood that Izuku was powerful. That much, he felt it when Katsuna told him as such back when they met at the training grounds. But now... 'I must strive to learn as much as I could from him! It would be a big help!'

And while all of that and other things went on in their heads, Izuku's thoughts... were underwhelming.

'I wonder if there's a sale today at the market. I could buy some groceries for mom,' seriously, that woman always went out to buy the groceries even when he told her that she was willing to do it. He can do it too! He's a responsible boy! 'That is, if there are no Villains coming at me every single minute...'