Chapter 2

JULES POINT OF VIEW

**Five years later***

It's been five years since I left will. After I ran off, I got a divorce paper and got him to sign. Once finished and finally free, I went off on my own for about a year. And then I bumped into doctor Ethan. We had started talking and before I knew it we were in a relationship. A few months went by and we realized we had finally fallen in love. Two years later I'm engaged. I admit, I am a little scared about this marriage only because the last one ended so awkwardly. But me and Ethan talked about it and we're confident this won't end badly.

Recently, Ethan and I had tried for a baby. We didn't have the results we wanted but we're willing.

And if you're wondering if I had stayed in the same town as ex husband, don't. When Ethan and I decided to get married we had moved two towns over. Sorry but I don't have time to be held back by him. I also don't want to risk running into him.

One perk about not being with Will, I'm not tired down. I have a job and I make more money than Ethan. I get to pay the bills and I actually get a good night sleep from coming home at a reasonable time. Before with Will I felt as if I couldn't move past him or be better than him. I always had to work some crazy shift because his job didn't make enough and we needed the money. But now, money is never a problem that crosses our minds. We're comfortable and we have some cushion beneath us just in case.

One thing I love about Ethan, he's optismistic and willing. For example:

I had just gotten home that night late from work. It was friday, which meant I was off tomorrow. Ethan, however was working late. I had to be in the house for about three hours before he had gotten in.

When I heard the door open and close, I was in the room, on the bed. I looked at the time, three in the morning. I furrowed my brows.

"Who the hell-"

I climbed out of bed, walked slowly to the door and picked up Ethan's old baseball bat. I'm not really trying to die.

I walked downstairs, the bay in my hand. I walked down the stairs slowly and into the living room. 

I was on the last step, when the stair creaked and the spinning chair turned. I gasped, ready to attack right before I realized.

"Oh it's you."  I breathed out in relief.

Ethan nodded. His forehead having more wrinkles than usual. I looked at him concerned.

"What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "The um-"

I walked up to him. "Yeah?"

He sighed and stood. "I think it's best if you sit down for this."

He lead me to the couch and had me sit. I furrowed my brows. "E, What is all of this about?"

Ethan took another long breath. I'm guessing trying to stall for as long as possible. But when he finally ran out of time, he spoke. His voice cracking like glass under pressure. "The baby...uh, the baby died. It was just too much stress."

My expression lowered. Not again. I can't believe I lost another baby. I can't. Not again. I looked down. Already feeling myself spiral. I could feel my world collaps in just a matter of seconds. Ethan walked up to me. His foot steps muffled in the carpet. He kneeled in front of me. His tone changing.

"But-" I looked up.

"But, there's still hope. I'm not saying we try again tonight, but i'm saying that in about a month or two, we can try again."