Chapter 13. Crybaby

Comenzar desde el principio

We were taken around the city before we left. After visiting some famous spots, we entered a mall and teacher told us to be in sight. If anyone misbehaved, they would be sent home and their parents would be called. We all nodded our heads and spread out.

The mall was huge. I started counting the number of shops it had but gave up after sometime. I went to a jewelry store with some girls and imagined how they would look if mom wore them. If I had money, a lot of money with me right now, I would have bought the whole store. The employees smiled at us when they saw us looking at the jewels with awe.

They were kind enough to let us try some pieces and we thanked them. After that we went to a toy store. My eyes almost popped out when I saw so many varieties of toys under one roof. They were kept in rows, separated according to their size. Can I buy all of them? Dad would have to take a loan and he won't be very happy with that.

Star wars, Avengers, Pokemon, Duel Masters, Naruto.... I wanted them all! Grow up fast Sandhya. You can buy the whole mall then. I smiled at the thought and saw some boys fussing over some action figures. Slowly I moved to the girls' section. I saw some doll sets and miniature doctor and cooking sets. So stereotypical.

I kept moving and noticed Ayush. He was standing in front of a shelf, his eyes locked at the doll in front of him. I observed from afar. He was staring at a gorgeous warrior doll. She was dressed in a samurai uniform and looked quite expensive to me. Ayush could buy it if he wanted.

"Ayush! Where are you?" one boy called him.

He quickly tore his gaze away from the doll and looked here and there. He saw me and his cheeks turned red. I smiled. He quickly ran past me.

"You saw nothing," he said and joined his friends. Was he embarrassed? Why?

I picked up one teddy bear and melted in its fur. So soft. I hugged it tightly but was told to put it back by an employee if I wasn't going to buy it. So rude. I started picking up and hugging every toy to annoy him. He ignored me few times as he had customers to attend but when he got free, he threw me out.

I teased him and he warned me he would report me if I didn't leave. Idiot. I kept roaming around and imagining myself in dresses which elder girls wore. They were so pretty. I want to grow up and try all of them.

I went to kids' section and some employees asked if I wanted to buy anything. I shook my head. I didn't have that much money with me right now. Mom wasn't here too so I couldn't buy anything.

They allowed me to try some clothes I liked. Such nice people. I told them about that toy store employee and how he behaved. They told me stuff like that happens and not to worry about it.
I tried a frock and got out of the changing room to show them. They clapped and complimented me.

"Even a monkey would look better than you in that costume," Ved pointed at me and began laughing. His friends joined in too. I glared at him.

"Look at your face," He said inbetween his laughs. I fisted my hands to control myself. Suddenly his eyes widened and he stopped laughing.

"Dad?!" he exclaimed.

He was looking past me. I turned around and saw his father at the reception desk. He was with a woman. She had a lot of shopping bags in her hands and Ved's father took out his card from his wallet.

When he heard Ved's voice, he turned around and his face paled for a second. He quickly masked it and Ved ran towards him. He pushed past me and I cursed him.

"What are you doing here? Why is she with you?" he asked angrily. His father told him to keep his voice low but Ved continued shouting why he was with that woman. She was his mother, right? Why was he acting like that?