Chapter 10 Part (3/3)

(A/N: So in the last chapter, I did not write all the matches, but note that there are some parts during this match that are important and will play a part later on in the story. Other than that, ENJOY!!)

Gaara vs. Rock Lee

Akane watched as Gaara and Rock Lee made their ways down to the lower level. As they got ready, Hayate spoke up.

"Alright then, if you are both ready... Begin!"

At that, Rock lee sprinted towards Gaara, determined, and once close enough jumped into action, "Leaf Hurricane!"

As Lee's leg went to hit Gaara, sand exploded from the gourd on Gaara's back, catching Lee's impact and throwing it right back at the dark-haired ninja.

As soon as Gaara paced backwards, the sand followed, trying to get a hit onto lee, but lee moved quickly, doing some backflips into the air, making the sand miss. And once Lee was far enough away from Gaara, the sand made its way back into the gourd.

"What is that?" Akane could hear Ino ask.

"It's sand!" Sakura informed, shocked.

Akane thought back to the forest of Death, and what Gaara did with that sand while in there. That was originally the first time that she, herself, had seen what he could do with that sand. Gaara was dangerous, but in the end, isn't it safer to be around the strongest of people?

Gaara and Rock Lee stood still, sizing each other up, when rock lee made a sudden run for the red-haired boy. The sand leaking right back out of his gourd, Gaara prepared to block Lee's attacks.

Every.

Single.

Hit.

BLOCKED.

Even when Lee chose to throw shuriken at Gaara, the sand blocked.

"Even as fast as he is, Lee can't get anywhere close to him!" Sakura commented.

"The Sand! He's using it as a shield!" Naruto gasped.

"He's not doing it, the sand is protecting him of its own accord." Kankuro informed, and only just now had Akane noticed that Kankuro had disappeared from the area he was at earlier and was now standing closer to Naruto and the other genin.

"What?!" Naruto asked.

"It's almost like a living thing. It will come to Gaara's defense without him doing anything. That's why Gaara's never been injured, no one can get close to him. No one had ever even been able to touch him, well.... That was until Akane came along." Kankuro commented with a smirk.

He had seen how the sand had protected Akane in the Forest of Death as well, which was very unusual, but he guessed it could happen if someone actually managed to befriend Gaara, which had never happened before. So, everything that was happening with Gaara and Akane was new territory, and he didn't like how it was turning out so far.

Kankuro may not have known Akane for long, but from the moment he did meet her, he could tell that She had changed. And he should've known that her and Gaara were gonna hit it off like they did, but he had never really met anyone else like Gaara.

Naruto had looked over at Kankuro the moment he said his teammate's name.

"What do you mean 'until Akane came along'?" Naruto questioned.

Kankuro chuckled, "I mean that Akane can touch Gaara. She can hold his hand, hug him, hell she can even kiss him, and you know what the scariest thing of all is?"