Chapter 7

'This is hopeless. I can't beat Sasuke, I can't even beat Naruto. I'll never pass the exams.' Sakura thought as her and team 7 were walking their way towards the Academy.

Today was the start of the Chunin Exams and everyone was excited, more specifically Naruto. Sakura looked at Akane, who was walking in front of the rest of the group. Sakura had thought long and hard about Akane recently. She had even asked her parents about it . . .

((Flashback))

"Okaa-san, why do you not inivite Akane to dinner?" Sakura asked her mother, sitting down at the dinner table. Mebuki looked at her daughter, her eyes wide.

"Uhm . . . Sakura. Well, things happen and some relationships don't work out" Mebuki told her oldest twin daughter.

"Yeah, I understand that. But what does that have to do with Akane?" she tried again.

Mebuki looked away, as if she was ashamed. That was when Kizashi, her father, walked into the dining room.

"You'll understand when you're older. Let's just drop it for now, Sakura." He explained. But Sakura wasn't taking that for an answer.

"Have you guys even noticed?!" Sakura suddenly stood, slamming her hands on the table.

"Noticed what, Sakura?" Mebuki asked curiously.

"The way Akane has been acting? Did you even know she went missing for a few weeks in the Land of Waves, or did you just not care?" She yelled, angry that her twin was getting treated like this and she had never noticed.

"W-what?" Mebuki asked, her hands coming up to cover her mouth in surprise, while her father just sat there. Almost like he was thinking of what to say next.

((End Flashback))

In short, their parents had not known of Akane's disappearance. It was sad that Sakura had to tell her family, herself.

If Sakura was being honest, she was glad she got the chance to be on a team with her twin. Although it seemed Akane thought the opposite. And Sakura understood that, she had wanted to be on a team with Sasuke, that was for sure. But she missed butting heads with Ino. So, she understood what it was like to miss her best friends.

But lately, Akane hadn't been acting normal. She had been very secretive and quiet. Of course, she had been those qualities before, but never to this extreme. She just wanted to know what was going on with her sister.

They eventually had made it to the building where the first round was to take place. As they walked in to see a crowd of people. As they pushed their way to the front of the crowd, they saw an awkward looking kid in a green jumpsuit getting thrown to the floor by two bigger guys.

"Heh, you're taking the chunin exams, but you can't even get past us?" One of the bigger guys laughed.

"Why don't you give up now before you get hurt" The other guy suggested.

"Yeah, I think I hear your mommy calling ya!" The first guy teased again.

"Please let us through, we're supposed to go in there!" A girl with twin buns on her head pleaded, standing up after comforting her teammate. She got closer to them, but before they could blink, one of the older guys slapped her, gravity forcing her to the ground in pain. The crowd around them started talking quietly, "that's harsh" being the loudest they guys could hear.

"Did you say "harsh"? These exams are gonna be harsh. These exams are gonna make this whole situation look like a picnic" he joked.

The other guy spoke up again, "Some of you aren't going to survive the exams. Others will be wrecked for life, and some of you may go crazy. For Chunin it's always life and death You think it's a joke, Chunin are qualified to lead missions. The lives of your squad members are in your hands, you better be tough enough to take the heat." He chuckled again, "And delicate little girls don't belong here."