Chapter 8

(A/N: This chapter can get a little confusing. There is a LOT of foreshadowing about certain events and conversations that will be coming to light soon. Akane is thinking a lot about some plans that have been made, so keep that in mind while reading this chapter. And Enjoy!! also sorry for such a late update.)

"Now If you're ready, we will proceed to the first stage of the Chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you will each be handed a number. This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the written test, once you are all seated."

Akane looked over at her team, and at that moment she was glad that she was taking the chunin exams alone. She didn't need anyone dragging her down, expecially not now. If she were to be honest with herself, she would say that her family, friends, and team have been holding her back. But with the events that will happen in the future, she can definitely say, she's excited for the change.

"The what. . . ? Did he say. . .Written?" Naruto looked towards Ibiki and screamed, "NOO! NOT A WRITTEN TEST! NO WAY!!!"

Akane sighed and walked away from the rest of the group. She sighed, happy to get away from them and looked towards the sound nin, and she could see Dosu, the one with his face completely wrapped except for his left eye, looking straight at her. He jerked his head at her, almost in a nodding fashion, and she returned the gesture.

'This is gonna be fun'

______________________________

After turning in her paperwork, she received her number.

"Hmm. . . 37. . .ahh, here we go, 34, 35, 36, 37!" She counted her way down the aisle of desks. Having finally found her assigned seat, she sat down, a smirk settling onto her face. Just as she sat down, she noticed that Dosu was sitting next to her. She couldn't see most of his face, but she could tell he had a smirk on his face.

"Good luck, newbie" he sort of growled towards her, but she knew he meant no harm. She grinned, looking at the sound ninja,

"Yeah, yeah, right back at ya, loser!" she joked, and snorted a little laugh at him. Just as he was going to say something back, the clicking of chalk on the chalkboard caught everyone's attention.

"Everyone, eyes front. There are a few rules, you need to be aware of. And I won't answer any questions. So, you better pay attention the first time around!" Ibiki commanded.

Akane could tell he was an intimidator. That he used special tactics to get what he wanted from people, but she knew he wouldn't be getting anything out of her, unless he caught on early. Which she hoped that he didn't.

"Alright Rule number 1 is this: The written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what you all are used to, you all start the test with a perfect score of 10 points. 1 point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So, if you miss 3, then your final score will be 7" Ibiki explained.

"Rule number 2: Teams will pass or fail based on the total score of all 3 members." The room erupted into gasps, and Akane smirked.

'Being by myself was such a great idea. Times like these are when I'm thankful my team has 4 members'

"WHAT?! WAIT A SECOND!! YOU'RE SAYING WE ALL GET SCORED AS A... TEAM?!" Sakura yelled, agitated that Naruto is most likely going to fail them.

"Silence! I have my reasons. So, shut up and listen. Rule number 3: The sentinels you see positioned around the room are there to watch you carefully, for any signs of cheating. And for every incident they spot, they will deduct 2 points. Be warned, they're eyes are extremely sharp, and you get caught 5 times, you'll be dismissed before the test are even scored."