Chapter 9

Hey Guys! Sorry for the week late update, but to make up for it, this is an extra LONG chapter at 3500 words. Get ready for some angst. Also Gonna try to update again tonight, but it may be tomorrow when I have the next chapter done.

Thanks guys,

Rose

____________________

"W-woah! Nice place, what is it?" Akane could hear Naruto ask from her spot next to Sasuke.

After Anko had arrived early to the exam 1 testing room, everyone who had passed followed Anko to the next exam. Akane looked on, into the forest. She could feel the energy flowing through her. The trees were big, and the wind was harsh, whipping her hair everywhere, which made Akane put her hair into a high ponytail.

In short, Akane was excited. This was going to be the best challenge yet.

"It's the 44th battle training zone. But we call it...The Forest of Death." Anko informed, smirking. Akane could feel what type of person Anko was, she was the one that tried to intimidate, but just ended up embarrassing herself. Well to Akane anyways.

Akane wasn't afraid. She was always prepared to die for her dream, and her dreams are about to come true in a matter of time.

"The Forest of...Death?" Naruto stammered. Everyone stared at Anko, then turned to look at the forest. Just then, something out of the corner of Akane's eyes moved, catching her attention, along with Naruto's.

'What the fuck...'

A square rock, with two holes in the front of it, inched its way towards Naruto. He looked at it and walked a little ways away, and the rock followed, catching everyone's attention.

"That's the worst disguise of all time! There's no such thing at square rocks! So, give it up!" He yelled, pointing at the square rock. Akane sighed,

'are these the kids from the alleyway? Why are they stalking Naruto of all people?'

"You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick boss! Just what I'd expect from my greatest rival!" A little boy burst through the box, followed by another boy and a little girl. They started to introduce themselves, but as soon as Akane heard the little girl say she was the 'sexiest' preschooler, she walked away. She didn't care much for their antics.

Gaara was stood back, watching the kids make fools of themselves, when he noticed a certain red-head making her way over. He smirked,

"Are you ready? Our plans are right on schedule."

She nodded, "Yeah, when this starts I'll meet you in the middle. Then we proceed from there, correct?"

"Yes. And try not to take long, I know you have to enter with your team, even though you are a single member, but they waste a lot of time. I plan to be out within 2-3 hours." He answered.

She looked at Temari and Kankuro and they all nodded in agreement, and she returned the nod, heading in the direction of her team again. She got there just in time to hear Sakura.

"This whole place just completely creeps me out." She nervously grabbed her other wrist, holding it to her chest.

"It should, they call it the forest of death. And soon enough, you're gonna find out why." Anko stated, chuckling a little.