NINE

"So, I think I got all of the cells parts." Jasper says still in thought.

"Let me see." I say looking over his shoulder.

"No. You mixed a bunch of them up." I say gesturing to his paper.

"I don't care anymore." He says pushing his paper off my desk.

"Look I can help you." I offer.

"No one can. I'm just dumb." He says looking around my room. I felt bad for him. I know he got into this school because of his extraordinary football skills but he still needed a 3.5 gpa to stay in this school.

"Jasper. It's easy once you get the hang of it." I explain.

"No! It's easy for you." He yells.

"Look I'll explain. I'm trying to help your ass!" I yell and his eyes widen at my outburst. He picks his paper back up and sets it on the table gently.

I spend the next hour explaining the lesson to Jasper to which he finally gets.

"I've learned more from you in the past hour than in the last 2 weeks from class." He says with a small smile.

"Glad I can help. Consider this my gift to you for fighting Wesley and Easton." I say and he tenses.

"Why did you care if Wesley called me a slut? I know I don't care." I ask and he scratches the back of his neck.

"Uh, you can't say that about a girl. It just annoys me to think guys can call a girl that but nobody calls a guy that." He says with a shrug. I smile at him. I know Grey has called girls who have easily slept with him 'sluts.' A word that I will always hate.

Why am I comparing Grey to Jasper?

Jasper's phone rings and he picks up.

"Hey, Babe!" He says answering the phone as he leaves my room, making my blood boil. Why do I care anyway? We're just friends. He didn't even say goodbye!

I grab my phone and dial Grey.

"Hey Babe!" I say on the phone making sure Jasper can hear as I see him putting his shoes on.

"Oh! Hey Jade!" Grey excitedly answers.

"Come over?"

"Yeah. Be there at 5."

"Bye!"

I check the time, which was 4:30. I guess I have some time to cook Grey's favorite dinner. Walking down the staircase, I go over to the kitchen and start making the food. Thirty minutes went by fast and it was soon 5.

I set the table and the doorbell rings. I run over to see Grey smiling ear to ear.

"Hey!" I greet jumping into his arms.

"What's that smell?" He asks tilting his head.

"Fettuccine." I answer dragging him to the kitchen.

***

I cuddle up to Grey and watch the movie, laughing now and then from his hilarious jokes.

"I love you." Grey whispers in my ear.