Blame Game

~~EGGSY POV~~

Harry took a seat next to me on the bench as my hands dug into the wood trying not to make eye contact with him.

"Look...Eggsy...I know you are angry with Gwen but you need to know that she never meant to hurt you. If you want to blame anyone for her actions then blame me." Harry began as I snapped my head to look at the sad man.

"What are you talking about?" I asked watching Harry shift on the bench holding his hands together on his lap.

"I ordered Gwen to go undercover for the program in exchange for my help with her becoming what she always wanted to be...a Kingsman like her father and mother before her." Harry explained I was surprised of what Harry said, he was the one who brought Gwen into the program and I was unsure why. I watched him sigh a small bit turning to look at me again. "I practically helped raise that girl to become the warrior she is today. After her parents were killed in a roadside bomb she went to live with her grandparents...her grandmother and I were the main ones who raised her while Arthur focused on Kingsman. She is like my niece and I treat her like that. Then her grandmother passed and she closed off...she put walls up to protect her and all she ever wanted was to become an agent not just because it was her family's legacy but she wanted to escape from her grandfather's thumb."

"I understand that feeling..." I began seeing Harry turned to look at me before standing in front of me again with his hand in his pocket of his suit.

"For the last few months I saw those walls come down and it wasn't because of the program either. It wais because of you Eggsy. It was the first time in a long time I saw her smile for real. She was terrified to tell you the truth and I promised to help her once this was all over but you found out the hard way. For that I apologize Eggsy. So please...give Gwen some slack here and let her explain to you what she feels instead of jumping down her throat. She cares about you Eggsy..." Harry explained I lowered my eyes for a moment, he was right that I did jump all over her and never let her explain. I watched him glance at his watch for a moment then he realized something important. "The client should be finished with his suit...shall we?"

"Yeah...sure." I answered standing up letting him pass me before turning to follow him to the entrance of the room.

"Put that lighter back, Eggsy." he replied moving to the entrance as I sighed turning putting the lighter back onto the wall before following him out. We exited the third fitting room where the Kingsman tailor moved from the desk towards us.

"Ah, perfect timing. The gentleman's just finished." the Kingsman tailor informed as we walked to the door just as it opened and out walked none other then Valentine himself. Harry froze as I did too unable to make a facial expression before seeing Valentine smile seeing Harry.

"Mr. DeVere! What a coincidence! You are totally the reason I am here. When you left my house, I was thirsting for that dope-ass smoking jacket you had on, and since I'm going to Royal Ascot and apparently you need one of these penguin suits, here I am. What are you doing here? What's up man? Richmond Valentine." Valentine explained before turning his gaze onto me where I gave him a nod shaking his hand that he gave but couldn't plaster any emotion onto my face.           

"This is my new valet. I was just introducing him to my tailor." Harry answered pointing to me as I just nodded again agreeing with him.

"Another coincidence. So am I." Valentine replied pointing to a young woman who emerged from behind him.

"Have you had any chance to think further on my proposal?" Harry asked him seeing Valentine's eyes shift back onto him.

"Most definitely. My people will be getting in touch with you very soon. I guarantee it." Valentine smiled though the look in his eyes made me feel a bit uneasy almost like he was suspicious of something.

"A word of advice. Ascot requires top hat. I might suggest Lock and Co. St. James's." Harry smiled defusing the situation between him and Valentine while I could feel the tension in the room.

"Lox. as in smoked fish?" Valentine asked with a strange lisp on the letter X when Harry kept a stone cold stare on him.

"As in locked up." Harry answered smiling as Valentine nodded taking in the information looking at his assistance with a small smile on his face now.

"Oh, I have trouble understanding you people sometimes. You all talk so funny." Valentine pointed out with a stern look as he turns and walks out with his assistant behind him to the store Harry suggested.

"Gentlemen, would you look after him please?" Harry asked pushing me forward as I began to follow the two men into the fitting room. I had so much going on through my mind but mainly was I needed to talk to Gwen.

~~Boy Eggsy judged Gwen too quickly there let's hope she's not mad at him.~~