No Parachute

After what happened last night Eggsy and I agreed to keep a professional appearance in front of everyone until this selection process was all over. Today we were on a plane getting ready for the next test which I already was aware of, the recruits needed to fall from the plane and land under the radar onto the target below us. My knee was bobbing and my hands were shaking a small bit but it wasn't because I was nervous on the plane, I was nervous about what Uncle Harry was doing.

"Don't like heights?" Eggsy who was next to me asked I turned to see him wondering and I knew I couldn't tell him the real reason so I just nodded yes to him. Heights didn't really bother me much but I didn't appreciate being high up for too long.

"A bit...I don't mind flying but jumping out of the plane is another story." I exclaimed seeing his hand touch mine stopping them from shaking. No one was else looking as he leaned close to me bracing his helmet against mine.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright. You got this." Eggsy reassured with a small smile on his face then gave me a small wink which I nodded at him.

"Listen up. Your mission is to land in the target without the radar detecting you. If I read you on the radar or you miss the target, you go home. Is that understood? Drop zone coming up, twenty seconds." Merlin exclaimed in all ears as Charlie along with his friends and Roxy stepped up to the edge of the plane. Eggsy still holding my hand helped me to my feet and lead me to the edge of the plane.

"I don't know if I can do this Eggsy." I semi yelled watching him turn placing his hands onto my shoulders so I could look at him.

"Gwen...just stop fucking about! Follow me yeah?" he smiled tipping over and falling out of the plane to join the others. I took in a deep breath and found myself falling out of the plane right behind him. The wind was whipping through my brown hair under the helmet as I felt like I was flying in the air like a bird. "Good girl Gwen, I'm glad you made it." Eggsy was next to me flipping in the air showing off as I just felt my eyes roll in my head while gliding in the air.

"My, my, you're all very cheerful. Did you really think it was gonna be that straightforward?" Merlin began I knew where this was going, he was about to unleash a wave of panic among everyone and I had no idea what to do. I doubted he would do it to me after what happened the first test but who knew. "Any idiot can read a heads up display. A Kingsman agent needs to be able to solve problems under pressure. Like what to do when one of your group has no parachute."

"What? No Parachute?!" I heard Roxy yell from a distance as everyone else's voice was garbled in my ears and they were panicking now. Everyone was falling deeper and deeper to the floor with their limbs flailing around. "What do we do?"

"I told you. Aim for the target, come in under the radar. And I hope not to be scraping one of you up. But if I do have to, and you're inside the target, please know I'll be impressed." Merlin chuckled I closed my eyes trying to drown out everyone's panic babbles to one another.

"Everybody listen, I've got a plan. Pair off! Grab the closest person to them." Eggsy ordered I opened my eyes seeing Roxy near me as my hand connected with hers while Eggsy was trying to grab Rufus's. Rufus panics and pulls his chute sending him into the air away from the group. "Rufus, you wanker!"

"Eggsy...we are an odd number now." I replied seeing him by himself in a distance while Charlie grabbed onto his two friends near him.

"Quick...make a circle!" Eggsy yelled Charlie pulled his group to me and Roxy linking hands with us as I reached out for Eggsy with my free hand. He caught it and I pulled him into the circle with the others. "We pull our cords one by one! When we know who's fucked, the person on their right grabs them."

"Got it!" Roxy replied when Digby pulls his chute it expands flinging him from the group, then hugo goes and the same for him happens. Next was Charlie who also had a parachute and was flung backwards leaving me, Eggsy and Roxy.

"Roxy...you go next." Eggsy ordered I saw her shake her head no because she seemed to be worried about us.

"What if you or Gwen don't have a chute?" Roxy reminded I glanced down seeing the ground coming quicker and quicker towards us.

"Then we will handle it...pull your chute Roxy!" Eggsy answered and she obeyed being repelled from my grip into the air. Eggsy took my free hand with his as my eyes locked onto his now. "Hang on Gwen." Eggsy wrapped his arms around my body to lessen the wind flowing between us.

"Oh shit..." I gasped grabbing the pin for my chute before looking at Eggsy who nodded at me, I exhaled sharply pulling my pin and thankfully my chute expands. The pressure causes Eggsy's grip to slip from me and he was about to fall when I catch him with my one hand. I piloted the chute with the other but we were still coming down quickly because of the heavy weight.

"Gwen!" he yelled I used my strength to pull him up so he could grab me just as I saw the target in my view.

"Hang on!" I replied tightening my hand on his just as the grass came to view and we both landed hard onto it. 

~~Well that was a hard landing hahaha~~