Bonus Chapter; Near the campfire

Start from the beginning

"..Cute?" She repeats slowly, her eyes become narrow. "You're the only one that's allowed to call me cute and get away with it." She speaks jokingly with a small grin and leans into his side. He doesn't waste any time to wrap his arm around her waist and pull her even closer. The heat from the blanket and fire wasn't even close to how warm he made her feel just by touching her. It was always electrifying.

In the quiet that was once only filled by the crackling of the fire and the rustling of leaves, she could now hear the beat of Toby's heart as she lays her head against his chest. She counts the beats as minutes go by and almost falls asleep.

"Y/N?" He asks her softly. "Hm?" Her eyes flutter closed, as she waits for him to continue. Sleepiness weighs down her mind.

A hand lands on her cheek, the sudden contact makes her open her eyes. He is already looking down at her. His gaze is gentle and makes her brain fuzzy, "You know I love you, right?" Her face becomes warm and seemed to be hotter than the fire blazing a few feet away. Her stomach did flips and her heart felt as if it was being squeezed. He doesn't say the words often, but when he did it meant everything to her. He knew that, of course, because he always smiled softly at her reaction every time.

"I know," Her voice is hushed, the corners of her lips pull up to a small smile. Knowing nothing more needed to be said, he pulls her on top of him. Her head rests just below his chin, her cheek pressed against his neck. The smile on her face doesn't falter even minutes after sitting in silence. This was all she needed. He was all she needed.

He made her happy. Even when everything seemed sad and bleak. He was a ray of sunshine that shined upon her dark little world, and she knew it was the same for him also. They made each other happy.

The loud roaring of thunder from the sky breaks her out of her trance. It continues to roll in the sky until it slowly starts to rain. The campfire starts to sizzle at the misty rain that continues to grow heavier.

Y/N is about to stand up and retreat to the small tent they set up, but Toby suddenly stands up with her still in his arms. "Toby! Careful!" She gasps, her hands rushing to grab his shoulders to avoid being dropped.

He chuckles and rushes in the direction of the tent. By the time they reach it, it's pouring bullets outside. Somehow, they remain mostly dry.

Y/N is set down and Toby zips the entrance of the tent up. In the tent, there are many blankets and pillows sprawled out to cushion their bodies from the hard earth. Their only light source is a small battery-powered lantern, its light is dim and its poor ability to light up the tent heightens the feeling bubbling up in the pit of her stomach.

Y/N watches carefully as Toby lays down on his back with a mysterious expression. "Y/N, come here." From his lying position, he makes grabby hands in her direction. In any other situation, she would laugh at his behavior, but the desire burning in his eyes made her breathless and her sight hazy.

Still wrapped up in the blanket, she crawls over to him. Instead of stopping beside him, she goes closer. Toby seems to have the same idea because he tightly gripped at her hips with his hands and lead her on top of him. Her legs are on each side of his body, her fingers curl up against his chest. The blanket that rests over her shoulders pours down on the both of them. Her gown has run up her thighs and bundled up in her lap.

The atmosphere became hot and tense in a matter of seconds. The sound of the rain has become distant background noise and the heated silence between them is loaded with hidden emotion. That's when she realizes just how intimate things have gotten. She notices that Toby already has labored breathing, his cheeks are a little red. Maybe it's the way her lower body pins his down to the ground or because her gaze is heated. All she knows is that she needed him.

While she blinks down at him, one of his hands reaches up behind her neck and his fingers tangle themselves in her hair. He pulls her head down, closer to his face. Before their lips even touch, he stops and watches her. She is looking into his eyes as their heavy breaths mingle. She sees the question in his gaze as if he was silently asking her if she wants to continue. Asking her if this is what she really wanted. To answer his question, she closes the space between them.

Y/N melts into the familiar warm feeling, her hands that rest on his chest slowly slide up to hold his face in their needy possession. Toby pulls her hips down harder on his, the sudden force sends shivers up her spine. Her chest aches for more, her skin yearning to be touched everywhere. Just when she thought the fluttering feeling couldn't grow anymore, his hands are traveling up under her gown. As she leans her head back, he lightly catches her bottom lip with his teeth. His eyes are barely open, but the dim light from the lantern brightens his expression and highlights all of his needs.

He sits up and gently lays her down underneath him. His lips are suddenly on her neck, leaving open-mouthed kisses all the way down to her collarbone. Gripping at his hair, her skin feels like it is on fire and his touch alone burnt desire and truth into her skin. It doesn't stop there, soon enough her gown is being lifted over her head. From there it was a heated blur, she knew she would never get enough of him.

Y/N had a feeling that they wouldn't get much sleep that night.

***

Spicy enough? I tried.
Since you all have tolerated me for this long, have a little gift!

This isn't my normal art style, but I thought it turned out good enough to post!(Don't use without my permission, thank you)

(Don't use without my permission, thank you)

Next part: Bonus Chapter; C. 28 alternate ending