C. 24

Closing the door to Toby's room, she then lays down on the small couch in his room, where she has been sleeping since BEN had arrived.

Toby is in the shower.

Feeling cold, she cuddles deeper under her covers and tries to ignore a forming headache. Deciding it was best to sleep, she closes her eyes and attempts to fall asleep.

***

[WARNING: Vomiting and sick stuff]

It was dark in the room when she wakes up. She feels sick to her stomach and her body is clammy with sweat yet she feels so, so cold. She felt so feverish.

Quickly shuffling upwards, almost tripping over her blanket, Y/N hurries out of Toby's room and into the bathroom.

She doesn't know how much time has elapsed since she first collapsed on the bathroom tile hugging the toilet, but some time later, a voice calls out for her from the bathroom door as she finishes coughing after throwing up.

"Oh shit, Y/N...hold on."It's BEN. She hears him walk away down the hall, most likely to wake up Toby.

She knows if she unclenches her jaw to speak, more than words will come out so she stays silent. It takes not even for a few seconds to hear the two making their way towards her.

"Y/N," Toby sighs beside BEN, practically diving to the floor beside her.

Most of her hair, spare a few strands, is wound in a knot on the top of her head, Toby pushes back the clumps of extraneous hair that stick to her forehead and her flushed cheeks, some of the ends coated in dried vomit. As much as it was disgusting, she felt too much like crap to really care.

One of his hands remains on holding her hair up as the other moves to her upper back. Y/N presses her hands to her stomach as another wave of nausea rolls over her. "How long have you been here?" He asks her, perturbed.

Just then she doubles over the toilet again, heaving as her stomach betrays her, the last amount of the dinner she tried and failed miserably to keep down comes rising in her throat.

She distantly feels his palm against her back, rubbing in reassuring circles. Her throat hurts, it takes her a moment as the dry heaves pass to respond. "I don't know," She says, her voice scratchy and barely a whisper.

Toby reaches to flush the toilet and then as soon as the room is quiet again, he puts his hand against her forehead again. Y/N leans into the cool sensation, feeling weak.

"You're definitely warm."

"Just a virus," She mumbles tiredly, wishing she had the strength to go and brush her teeth after emptying her stomach.

"I'll be right back, sunshine."

She leans her temple against the rim of the toilet, too exhausted to care about germs and meets his gaze. Both of his hands are still extended to her, and as he crouches to her right, his face is a mask of worry.

"Leave me here," Y/N mumbles, closing her eyes against another wave of incessant nausea. He stands and leaves the bathroom, and she tries to focus on taking deep breaths in order to get her mind off of her stomach trying to kill her.

"Do you want water?" BEN's voice comes from behind her, surprising her.

She shakes her head slightly, just enough to indicate her answer without triggering more dry heaves.

"There's a trashcan by Toby's bed if you want to lay back down." He keeps insisting.

"BEN, I really do appreciate it, but please shut up," Y/N says quickly, and then clenches her jaw to stomach the roiling in her stomach.

"Okay, okay...sorry, I'll leave." he retreats just as Toby walks back in who settles on the floor beside her.

She focuses on just breathing again, her jaw growing sore from clenching it shut. She counts forty-one breaths before Toby places a hand on her shoulder.

"Sunshine, take some ibuprofen once you think you can keep it down, okay?"She sees him place a bottle of pills and a glass of water on the bathroom counter beside her.

She takes one last steadying breath and lifts her head to nod, the sudden movement combined with her teeth unclenching causes her to gag.

As Y/N poises herself over the toilet, waiting for the burning agony of dry heaves to follow, Toby gives her a sympathetic glance while pulling up her hair again.

This goes on for an hour until her body is too tired to react to anything. She almost falls asleep against the toilet.

Toby grabs the water and two pills, "Take these, it's the best we have at the moment."

Without arguing, Y/N takes the medicine then Toby helps her up and back into his room.

Instead of him laying her down on the couch, he moves her to his bed. She doesn't protest, falling asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.

This chapter isn't too interesting or eventful, but I hope you enjoyed reading it anyway!

@Pidge_123 thank you for making fanart, it looks great! :D