C. 03

Y/N felt uncomfortable with him watching her again, she was really considering to cover up the window with her pillow like she did the day before.

And so she did.

The man was gone again.

***

She has been crying for so long she can barely feel the cold water against her skin. Her clothes are soaked and stuck to her. She's curled up in a ball while hugging her legs closed and her face buried in her knees.

Y/N wants to just drown. Maybe freeze time so she wouldn't have to live this over and over again. It seemed time was just repeating itself.

She had another nightmare. About her dead family again like she did almost every night. Playing over and over again.

It didn't seem to stop. Everything is falling down, crashing down on her all at once. It's too much to handle, she didn't have the strength in her to carry all of this weight alone.

Y/N ignores the tapping on the window. She had forgotten to cover the window with her pillow. It hadn't been a thought of hers when she was only thinking of her deceased family.

She peaks over at the window, at the man who had his forehead pressed against the glass.

It's different now, she can see his frown, the lower half of his face. It looks like he hasn't shaved in a week, there's a scar and tore skin on the corner of his mouth that covered up until his jawline, his teeth, and gums slightly visible from the torn skin. She wonders what caused such a scar. His goggles are still on, his eyes looking gold. What color were they? Maybe brown? Hazel?

His skin, it's so pale and almost gray. It looks so cold.

She couldn't stop staring at him, he says something. She wouldn't be able to hear, even with the shower off.

Without moving very much, she reached up and turns the shower off. Her hair on her face in a wet stringy mess. Her pale blue gown soaked.

Y/N sits still for a moment, then starts to squeeze the water out of her gown, watching it go down the circling drain in the floor. Then her hair.

She doesn't move from the floor until the man leaves back to the forest. It felt like hours, while she sat completely still. Maybe it has been hours. She can't tell much anymore.

Y/N wasn't sure if she should have felt bad for ignoring him, she didn't want to think about it. Her mind was currently lingering elsewhere, she didn't have time to feel bad over a stranger who she didn't know.

She didn't realize she was pacing around the room until she heard the rain pelting down against her window. The rain. It always cleared her head even when she felt like screaming aloud or banging her fists against the wall until they bled red or not hurt too much. She loved the rain, sometimes it was a reminder that she had a heartbeat. That she was alive and still breathing.

She was exhausted. So she curled up in her blanket and willingly blinked out of the world.

***

The man hasn't come yet. He didn't yesterday. Or even the couple days before that. Y/N has been only staring out the window, waiting for when he would come walking out of the forest.

She has felt rather lonely. Once you have something for a period of time, long enough to get attached to, it hurts to watch them disappear. You never know what others have until you do then lose it. It was never yours in the beginning and you can't help but yearn for it, silently begging.

Perhaps he got tired of her, maybe he didn't like her or got mad because she ignored him that one night while she wailing in the shower.

She shouldn't care, she reminds herself, they only knew each other for three days. Yeah... she didn't even know his name. She shouldn't care.

After hours of absentmindedly gazing out the window, three knocks on the door makes her look away from the outside world. Breakfast.

Y/N cringed all throughout eating, then washes the sticky paste off her teeth with water from her sink and her toothbrush.

She plops back on her perfectly made bed and stares at the wall across from her. Minutes pass and she begins to feel dizzy. She stands up from her bed, stumbling over her feet.

The walls look like waves, she turns towards her window and sees the man. His hands pressed against the glass in a seemingly desperate manner.

Then she collapsed to the floor unconscious.

***

Y/N awoke, eyes slowly coming to focus on the naked bulb above. She was dimly aware of her body being rigid and straight--no movement possible.

Pulling her head upward she could see thick straps over her arms and legs. They had drugged her food. Assholes.

She twisted her limbs, turning them, feeling the friction of the fabric against her skin.

The walls were pure white and there was a woman with a notebook, a pen scribbled down words.

The woman had her hair up in a tight, secure bun. Holding up dark raven hair. Her clothes, looking professional; a white blouse and a tight, gray knee-length skirt. Black leggings and black slip-on shoes.

The woman only noticed she was awake until she looked up from her writing. Immediately, she showed white teeth in a small grin.

"Hello Y/N. I apologize for the restraints, it was required because of...past physical assaults," She explains, "You may call me Joanne or Ms. Michelle.

She smiles, it was forced and looked almost painful. Her mouth was pulled back in a forced smile, her pink lips looked vibrant against her pale skin, "It's nice to meet you."