Chapter 21: Mystifying Day

"Time for a break, Nishikage-kun!"

Nishikage stops his training the gym as (name) brought some water and towel for him, he enjoyed her company a lot even (name) too. She knew Kidou asked Nishikage to keep an eye on him which will get worse than before, acting is the only thing that Yoshihiro and (name) would do for now.

"Here's your bottle" he takes his bottle as (name) wipes his back using his towel due to his training earlier in the morning "Hey, (lastname)?" "Hm? What is it, Nishikage-kun?" He takes a deep breath to calm down himself "Are you comfortable doing 'that' to me or the other boys in the team?" (name) was kind of confuse about what is he saying "What do you mean?" "I mean that you're okay taking good care us like that, for example on what you're doing to me right now."

The (hair length) (hair color) haired female paused for a moment then stops wiping his sweat on his back "Yeah, I'm quite comfortable being like that. To be honest that's the only thing I could do, some people think I am more like elder sister figure or babysitter just because I take care a lot of children years ago, even Yoshihiro too."

Nishikage was curious to know about (name), even Nosaka too. Both of them think that she's special or a unique girl. What they both see on her that she's more like Nosaka but way too far, they see her as a reliable, amiable, and heroic girl in the team or to her friends. But Nishikage and Nosaka knew (name)'s life is a mystery to them, and they would like to know what her childhood looks like.

"Uh, should I stop on what I am doing? I think I made you uncomfortable when I do that" Nishikage shook his head "No, it's fine. I think I'll get used to it some of these days, you're the first lady friend I could trust now" (name) continue on what she is doing even the conversation with Nishikage "What about Anna-chan? Do you trust her? I'm guessing she's the one who told you about Nosaka-kun's illness" Nishikage recall some of his encounter with Anna "I... I don't think I could trust her much."

(name) had a lot question on her head because she think Nishikage might be a little bit difficult to know more about him "Why? You trust me but why you didn't trust Anna-chan?" "Well, it's too complicate. But Nosaka-san is in love with you, that's why I have to protect what's important to him" she sweat drop and takes some wipes to clean her hands "I think I can handle myself, Nishikage-kun. Also..."

(name) got into some kind of flashback, a place with a beautiful garden that looks like a camp for children had burned down. The grass were on fire including the cottages, every kids were running away to stay alive for longer. The kids want to do something more to experience it until they grow up by just running away from the enemy who is started the fire.

"... I don't want you and the others get harmed someday..."

Nishikage heard what (name) mumbled "What do you mean by that, (lastname)?" She notice that she says it out loud as she turns around her back and slaps herself with a slight echo noise which made Nishikage stood up fast did not expect (name) would do that to herself 'Damn it, I almost spill it out to him! I can't let anyone know my and Yoshihiro's past!'

"Oi, (lastname)! Are you okay?" Nishikage went over her side, he take off her hand on her cheek which had a red mark on it as it made him worry. (name) gave him a reassuring smile "I'm fine, just a cold water will heal this" "Are you sure? I think something is bothering you and the reason why you slapped yourself" she shook her head "It's nothing to worry much, Nishikage-kun" he could tell there is something that (name) couldn't tell him or the others as well.

Nishikage was going to ask her about what (name) said earlier a little force until "(lastname)-san!" Both of them looked at the person, it was Ichihoshi. "I-Ichihoshi-kun? What are you doing here?" The blue haired male went over to them and gave her cold water bottle "I heard some slight echo, and I thought it sounds like a slap until I heard Nishikage-san call out your name."