𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

There's this person

There's this person... in my head. She's brilliant. Capable. She can do chest tubes and craniotomies, she can run a code without freaking out. She's a really good surgeon. Maybe even a great surgeon. She's me. Only so much better.

The pair laid on their backs in bed, their minds being consumed by their own thoughts. Mark let out a sigh before talking, "I miss New York."

"Do you think you'd ever go back?" Anastasia asked curiously.

"I don't know..." Mark spoke again and paused before deciding, "Maybe."

It was silent for a few minutes as the two yet again got caught up in their own thoughts. Ana let out a small chuckle making Mark confused. "What?" He asked.

"It's funny..." Ana trailed off making the man even more confused as he turned on his side to look at her.

"Derek moved to Seattle and then Addison chased him here in hopes to get him back and then you followed Addison here because you were so in love with her and you wanted her back." Ana now turned on her side to also look at Mark, "And I... well I came to Seattle for you." She said softly.

Mark furrowed his eyebrows before a smirk appeared on his face. "Are you saying you're in love with me, Shepherd?"

The brunette girl rolled her eyes at him. "Shut up." This response made the man laugh so Ana sat up on the bed and hit him with a pillow which he tried to defend himself from and she laughed. "I'm in love with plastics and your surgical skills, not you, maybe the sex too."

Mark raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

"Mhm." Ana hummed in response aa he quickly pulled her back down and started kissing her and just as the kiss started deepening, a beeping sound of a pager going off filled the hotel room making the two pull away with a groan.

"Whose is it?" Mark asked.

Ana grabbed her pager and saw it lit up and beeping. "Crap." She groaned and quickly started getting her clothes on.

"Wait." Mark said as he pulled on his pants and stopped the girl. "Here." He handed her an advil and a glass of water.

"That headache is gonna kick in soon." Ana nodded and took the advil from his hand and placed it in her mouth then took a drink of water to swallow it.

"Thanks." She smiled at the man.

Before either of them had the chance to say anything beeping filled their ears again. "That's you." Ana said.