𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

great surgeons aren't made, they're born

great surgeons aren't made, they're born. it takes gestation, incubation, sacrifice. a lot of sacrifice. but after all the blood and guts and gooey stuff is washed away that surgeon you've become - totally worth it.

anastasia sat at the nurses station, filling out a load of paperwork while sipping over her coffee; izzie was doing the same thing. meredith walked up to them and grabbed a file.

"my first day. my clinical trial. my baby, all grown up." she announced with a huge grin on her face.

"you know, nobody cares about your clinical trial." anastasia told her as she finished one of the sheets of paperwork.

"or your sick, sick, terminal patients, who'd probably rather be left for dead." izzie added and meredith sat down to read the file she grabbed, cristina walked over to them.

"you're both just jealous." meredith told them.

"well, yeah." ana replied with sarcasm laced in her voice.

"anyone can come up with a clinical trial." cristina spoke. "i could come up with a clinical trial."

"jealous." meredith spoke in a sing-song voice.

"not that it would matter, 'cause hahn wouldn't sign off on it." she complained.

"i hate my brother." ana mumbled and izzie laughed.

"you know she won't even talk to me?" cristina kept going on about hahn.

"she always enjoyed talking to me." izzie bragged.

"really, about what?" the asian girl asked curiously.

"her hopes, her dreams, then we would braid each other's hair." she teased.

"well, at least i'm not living in the clinic."

"hey, i like the clinic." izzie told her. "the clinic is my happy place."

"can you use your sparkle pager to get me in on hahn's surgery today?" cristina asked meredith.

meredith stood up from her chair. "oh, cristina, i can't even think about the sparkle pager because my clinical trial starts today."

"so you've said." ana spoke.

"sparkle pager stealer!" izzie exclaimed as cristina tried stealing the pager from mer's pocket.

meredith quickly grabbed the pager back from her and cristina groaned. "okay, the both of you need to just take a moment and dig down deep, and you'll discover when you do you're truly happy for me that i have found my path to medical history." she said with a smile and walked off.

"i'm not happy for her." izzie said with a smile.

"oh, me either." cristina agreed.