𝐬𝐢𝐱

before we were doctors, we were med students, which meant we spent a lot of time studying chemistry

before we were doctors, we were med students, which meant we spent a lot of time studying chemistry... organic chemistry, biochemistry, we learned it all. but when you're talking about human chemistry only one thing matters: either you've got it or you don't.

anastasia walked into one of the on-call rooms and saw callie laying on one of the beds, staring up at the ceiling in thought. she plopped herself down on the bed beside her making callie move over a bit to make room.

"i need to get laid." ana admitted with a sigh, causing callie to laugh.

"well, if you're that desperate." callie spoke as she quickly moved on the bed and began straddling the younger girl playfully. the two stayed like that for a few seconds before they both bursted into a fit of laughter.

callie got off her and laid back down beside her as they began to calm down from laughing. "what about mark?"

the third year resident let out a sigh. "we haven't done anything since before i moved here... i think he's too scared of derek finding out, you know how he almost caught us back in new york."

before callie could say anything, the sound of a pager filled their ears. ana felt hers buzzing in her pocket and quickly took it out and looked at it. "speak of the devil."

she sighed and got up off the bed and put the pager back into her pocket as she left the room, leaving callie deep in thought again.

☤☤☤

mark and ana stood at the patient's bedside as mark drew incision marks on her face with a marker. "we'll infiltrate with a mixture of bupivacaine and then lido wigh epi along these areas here." he informed his resident and she nodded in agreement.

the patient, harriet, let out a sigh. "is there a surgery that can make me look like her?" she asked, referring to ana.

"you're much prettier than dr. shepherd." mark told his patient.

harriet slightly rolled her eyes at his comment. "then how come i can't even remember the last time i had sex?" she questioned making ana laugh slightly. "i'll bet dr. shepherd can remember the last time she had sex."

ana shook her head in disagreement as mark took a pen out of his lab coat pocket, clicking it and walked over to the end of the bed to start writing in the chart. "harriet, don't harass the residents."

harriet quickly brushed him off. "she's young. she still has her looks. although, sweetie, you're already getting worry lines." she informed ana, making the young girl self-consciously put her hand up to her mouth, "what do you possibly have to be worried about?"